UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Doppelgangers?

LisaLQ

Been reading round the various dog rescue sites, half looking for another dog, half swooning over dogs there's no way I could have (took me hours to pull myself away from the Many Tears website!) and I found Sky's absolute doppelganger, a greyhound called Bluebell on here...

http://www.greyhoundsgalore.org.uk/Dogs_for_adoption.html

...I actually saw her on Dogsblog, had a little cry cos it was a shock :laugh: then was 2 minutes off emailing to ask about her when I realised I'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons. Thankfully she's reserved according to their website, so no temptation now :laugh:

Just wondered if any of your dogs had a doppelganger, a double, a should-be-twin? Proof not essential but would be fun...

After I lost my soul dog unexpectedly, I knew I would have another dog someday, when I was ready, but not now.

I had previously decided that my next dog would be an adult rescue dog.

I started looking a rescue websites, saw many adorable dogs, but was not ready for another dog yet. My heart was still aching too much.

After six months, my other dog was losing his purpose in life. He had been her protector , making sure there were no bogey men in the garden before she went out, and leading the way on walks.

He had no-one to look after now.

My husband was playing with him one night and commented that he thought he needed a companion.

The next day there was a rescue dog that was the image of my soul dog looking out the screen at me. I could not get her out of my mind and the next night showed it to my husband. His face lit up.

I sent off an enquiry about her. As the emails with the rescue progressed I was told that she had had to be relocated urgently to another rescue as she was escaping from the fosterer's garden and it was in sheep country. This rescue would now take over the rehoming.

BUT, would I please, please, please, consider a puppy that they had.

I hadn't wanted a puppy, as we both worked full time, and the rescue didn't normally rehome puppies to full time workers. But, despite many offers, they had not been able to fine a suitable home for this very intelligent, high energy pup. I had a back ground of obedience training and competing ( and living with dalmatians) and they were sure I was the right home for him.

After more discussions we agreed to have him.

So, instead of a 4 year old golden retriever bitch, I adopted a black, with white chest, retriever/ collie cross dog pup.

I believe my bitch had a hand in this, as I only contacted the rescue because of the bitch that looked like her.

I had actually seen my pup on the web but given him no more thought.

He is now 3 years old and often does little things that Amber did, but he is a totally different dog , with his own character.

And we love him for being him.

Yes, Flash has a twin brother... Well, we don't know whether they are brothers, but they were both picked up as strays in roughly the same area and we think they are the same age (we can be fairly confident as they were both definitely under a year old when found). And they look almost identical... We found each other on the LurcherLink forum and are trying to meet up some day.

Vera

I met my soul dog's doppelganger a few weeks ago. I was so shocked to see this dog - same shape, size and colouring, she even walked the same way- I could barely speak to her owner and hoped she didn't realise how much it upset me.

I bawled all the way home and dreaded meeting them again. The next time I was ok and have met them a few times since and been ok. V upsetting at the time though.

Boysie met his near double recently, who also shares the same name ! The younger Boysie has a tail :wub:

This was meant to be a photo, but new camera incompetence meant it became a video instead, so please excuse my mutterings and Smudge's moaning :laugh: :wacko:

th_Video001.jpg

Been reading round the various dog rescue sites, half looking for another dog, half swooning over dogs there's no way I could have (took me hours to pull myself away from the Many Tears website!) and I found Sky's absolute doppelganger, a greyhound called Bluebell

That's funny, I've thought a few times how much your Sky looked like my Az:

cuteaz.jpg