UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Mini Welsh Roadtrip

Abby

Me and Kev went out on Thursday to collect reference photos for his painting. We didn't go more than 20 miles away, and despite getting soaked halfway up a mini-mountain when the sun disappeared rather dramatically, had a lovely time.

We surely do live in a wonderful country:

roadtrip3.jpg

roadtrip2.jpg

roadtrip1.jpg

Cadair Idris from the east:

roadtrip4.jpg

Beeyotiful glacial lake Tal-y-llyn at the foot of Cadair

roadtrip6.jpg

roadtrip5.jpg

Kev has finally put brush to canvas again and I can't wait to see what he'll come up with :wub:

Those are beautiful photos Abby, I really am rather envious that you live there! I think it would be one of my top choices of places to move to in the UK, having such beautiful scenery/walks and the beach near by - perfect!

Will you show us his painting when it's done too? :flowers:

amazing scenery, i dont suppose theres a little log cabin tucked away for rent is there, id love to spend some chill out time there.

roadtrip6.jpg

There is an 'eco retreat' 4 miles away from our village which has tipis scattered through an oak forest, each with a stove and no electricity or anything. Sounds idyllic

I assume that is North Wales? We had our best holiday ever up at Black Rock Sands near Portmadog. :) Miles of empty dog friendly beach and the lady at our caravan/camp site was a dog rescuer too. The views are fantastic up in the mountains. You are so lucky. x

Kind of north-mid-wales or south-north-wales :wink:

Around Dolegllau and Dinas Mawddwy (if that's any help :laugh: )

You do indeed Abby :wink: Me, hubby and the 3 hounds moved to Pembrokeshire nearly a year ago from Hertfordshire and we haven't looked back, the countryside is stunning, we have the only coastal national park in the uk, we have the presili hills and of course the beaches. You are actually near my aunty, she's in Llanon, just outside Aberystwyth, again very very pretty and historically we have spent many holidays in North Wales too - t'is a beautiful country .....

Sandra :)