UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Puppies On The Rehoming Forum UPDATED

Melp

You may have seen pictures and descriptions of three young staffy type bitches on the rehoming forums.

After taking legal advice, the police are now unable to release the dogs for rehoming or fostering.

DNB have been asked to cover kennelling costs for "an unspecified period of time" which is likely to be between 10 and 12 weeks. The costs will be in the region of £1000.

If we agree to this, the dogs will be examined at approx 9 months. If they are deemed to be of the pit bull type they WILL be destroyed.

If not type, we are confident that the police will sign them over to DNB for rehoming or placing in rescue [if there are spaces available at that time]

Obviously the costs of kennelling willl increase daily whilst we are seeking rescue places or homes.

If we do not agree to this,the dogs will be destroyed now.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We can't win this. We pay for kennelling, all or some might still die in a few weeks. We don't pay they die anyway.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police own the dogs and have full control over where and how they're kept.

Ok, I'm going to pay for 2 weeks kennelling. Rumpole is also going to pay for 2 weeks. If no-one objects, DNB will also pay for 2 weeks.

If anyone else would like to contribute [and we'd be forever grateful if they did] the paypal address is [email protected]

[please state what the donation is for and leave an address for a reciept]

Cheques/postal orders made payable to DNB can be sent to the registered address [pm for that]

We must all be aware that this does not guarantee the lives of the dogs, it simply buys them more time.

Between us we've managed to raise enough funds to kennel these pups for another 3 weeks on top of what we already had this morning.

I'm constantly amazed at the generosity of fugees :mecry: :wub: :mecry:

Thankyou so very much to those who have donated. You are all very very special people.

I'll scan copies of the invoices as and when they come in.

THANKYOU xxxxxxxx

PS Zicos mum, to be honest the police don't really have any options now that they've had instruction from their legal team. I don't blame them for this, I blame the person that bred the poor dogs in the first place.