UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bruce

Alibullie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think melp means because its illegal to rehome under the dda as well as to own. so though there is no ban on export someone would have to break the law as he would be being rehomed

Sorry, yes, I was thinking of the possibility of him going back to the owner from the Roger quote, not about the rehoming bit, hadn't quite understood his owner doesn't seem to want him back :(

If anybody had contact with Sarah could they give her prod?

Somebody on DP is trying to help Bruce get a rescue place before it is too late - 29 June.

The owner has a bebo page where she has said she has been talking with someone in Dublin but, as he is a restricted breed in Dublin, she doesn't want him to go there and is desperate.

The position seems to be as confused as ever.

As I was asked to do I faxed a letter with my consent and offer to take Bruce over a week ago to her solicitor, the fax number I got was 028/91818499. The fax went trhough ok. NO contact has been made by them whatsoever and frankly, I am getting a wee bit miffed now. BTW, the breed ban in Dublin is only for COUNCIL housing not for the city in general. My initial offer to take him stems from over TWO MONTHS.

It still doesn't make sense though. Even if there was an amendment and Bruce were exempted properly [which he's not] it is not possible to rehome a registered dog. He would have to stay with his owner. This is what I don't get, how can anyone offer to take him when it's not legal to rehome him?

:wacko:

Well bless you for trying Egar :flowers:

Seems like a simple and good solution was offered, why oh why is it now so complicated. I hope the decisions being made by others recently don't ultimately condemn this dog to his death, that would be unbearable :mecry: .