UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bruce

Alibullie

Not sure if you know about this boy, he's just been posted on the Bullie forum, I am sure if your not already involved any help would be very welcome from this devastated family

Cross posted fro Bullie Board

Bruce is a beautiful, loving, friendly cross "Pitbull type dog" who was found straying as a puppy in N.Ireland and taken by his new family. He was then seized from his loving family over a year ago now (19th September '07) and his health has seriously deteriorated since he was taken away, while the authorities decide his fate.

He was found by his family as a stray The owners have only been allowed to see him once and his condition is now appauling. He has lost a lot of weight and has a bad sore on his nose which is infected from trying to get out of the cage he is in.

Please look at the following YouTube link to see what a magnificent creature he was before they took him away and the state he is in now.

Now please sign the petition to try to get him reunited with his family.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/BRING-BRUCE-HOME-X

NOTE THIS BEAUTIFUL DOG HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG - he has a wondeful temperament and a loving family who just want him back.

Let's try to make a difference and get as many people as possible to sign the petition and cross-post wherever you can.

WHEN WILL THEY STOP PUNISHING THE MANY BECAUSE OF THE FEW?

DEED NOT BREED!

Bruce2.jpg

bruce1.jpg

2nd post

I meant to add, that a decision was made on 12th September this year that he was a "Pit Bull type" and should be destroyed. The family have appealed - I just hope it's not too late!

What makes me so angry is that they've taken all this time to come to a decision and his health (and happiness) has suffered so terribly because of it. How long can it take to do an assessment and come to a decision on whether he's a Pit or not? If they had decided a year ago, it would have been totally unfair and very tragic, but at least he wouldn't have suffered all these months. Bawl Looking at the pictures of the poor, emaciated boy now, I think it amounts to animal cruelty.

Anf if he is a "Pit Bull type", why couldn't they have just insisted on neutering and muzzle and give the beautiful boy back? Why does he have to die??????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a Northern Ireland Assembly debate on 15th september, re proposed changes to dangerous dog legislation, questions and answers are it's up on tinternet

in meantime bruce and others are facing a death penalty if found to be of the type :(

Amanda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bruces court hearing was moved to 14th November and that was the final court case.

I have also heard that Bruce was pts BUT i am in touch with Shannon (Bruces owner) and i have emailed her for the outcome......... i am still waiting for a reply :( :unsure:

I feel this is because he has been pts and the solicitor has add=vised to keep it under wraps as long as possible as i think we all know how many letters of discust and complaint there will be.

On a more possitive note Shannon has not updated her save bruce groups with the outcome nor has she told other friends on her site as yet! So maybe we can all still pray just in case for this poor poor lad.

Any further news i will update u.

Just had it confirmed today -

the hearing on 12th Nov was ineffective and they have just set a new date of 12th January. However this still isn't a date for the appeal to be heard, rather it's just another hearing for them to arrange a date for the appeal.

Bruce is alive and in kennels.

Amanda x

This is from Dr. Mugford's website:

Bruce’s fate still undetermined

Bruce, a dog seized in Northern Ireland as being of the Pit Bull type, is still awaiting the appeal on his death sentence. The case was originally heard at Bangor Magistrates Court on 27th August, where Dr Mugford gave evidence stating that Bruce was merely a friendly Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Unfortunately the Magistrates’ concluded that Bruce was of the type and ordered his destruction. However, Bruce’s owner is appealing this decision and following a brief hearing on the 12th November, the case has been listed for mention on 12th January 2009 at which time a date for the appeal will be fixed. Sadly for Bruce this means he’ll be spending more months incarcerated in kennels.

• 2 months later...

Bruce case update:

the appeal was due for mention in Bangor Magistrates' on 12th January, 2009. This hearing was adjourned and a date has been set for 2nd March, 2009. This will not be the day that the appeal is heard but hopefully it will be to set a date for a full hearing in the future.

Amanda x