UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sam

Houndwoman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam is still doing well Andrea thanks :flowers:

He is going down to 4 meals today and I am slowly going to introduce some of his normal diet :D

He wants to be doing more than he should so he is being a bit restricted at the moment much to his disgust :rolleyes:

Vet say says he can perhaps have a 10 minute gentle lead walk at the end of the week so long as he continues to progress.

Aren't these dogs incredible? Our vet said that to start with a human would have passed out with the pain and still be in their hospital bed whingeing and making a fuss :rolleyes:

He said that Beagles are particularly good at lying about pain and I know that one of the reasons they use them in labs is because they tolerate and recover well from surgery. Isn't that sad? :sad02:

Ironically Sam was bred for laboratory purposes but escaped with his life when the puppy farm that were breeding them went into receivership and we rescued 176 of them as the final contract that they were under fell through-how lucky was that for them all?

We have had some additional good news r_champion.gif Vet sent the gall bladder off to the lab for analysis just in case and there is no evidence of cancer at all r_champion.gif r_champion.gif r_champion.gif

Vet said the lab man was very excited as he rarely sees them other than in post mortem cases icon_sad.gif

Vet has found it very exciting too icon_rolleyes.gif

I never thought that anyone could get excited about a disintegrated gall bladder but there you are GroovayLol.gif