UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alan Has A New Home :-) Fao Claz And Anyone Else Interested

ReikiAnge

I know the lovely Alan had a few admirers on here, so when I found out recently that a member of another forum I use has adopted him :elefant: :elefant: I asked permission to post an update of him in his new home, on here :biggrin:

Alan's new mum said he is a handsome laid back chap and you can't help but love him straightaway. He had lived with a family who had had him for the last eight years but they decided to rehome him.

He's getting on great with the other dogs in his new family, his new mum says:

The girls were fine with him and he with them. There was a lot of tail wagging and making yourself look tall then they all wee'd on each others wee, and came inside for a lie down. It is just like having Milo back as he has settled into his place and just 'clicked'

He is so funny when he walks as he has a real rolling gait and sways from side to side. He is great on the lead and ignored a few dogs we passed on our walk although has the oh so familiar stubborness if he wants to stop and smell something. I can see our walks taking even longer.

We are going to build up his exercise gently and I will also start him on G&C and add some fish to his diet which should help his bones and skin so it won't be long before he is in fine shape. There is definatley life in the old dog yet as he got so exited when my mum came over to see him and was hopping up and down like mad, eventually wearing himself out to a collapse on the carpet :D

She's also posted some photos of him:

DSCF4886.jpg

DSCF4899.jpg

DSCF4901.jpg

DSCF4905.jpg

And some video of his arrival :wub:

th_DSCF4895.jpg

Crossposted on behalf of Kirsty (his Mummy now) and family :

Alan has been here a day but it feels like we have known him a lifetime already.

Here are some Alan facts........ :biggrin:

1.He does not do dog biscuits :rolleyes:

2. He loves digestive biscuits and chocolate fingers and can hear a packet opening from over a mile away :lol:

3. He runs in his sleep

4. He can do stairs but bounces up with momentum

5. He loves going in the car and refused to get out of it today when i opened it to vac it out.

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full image18082008722.jpg

6. He likes having visitors as it makes him all boingy and is fine with children having been patted lots by the neighbours and my nephew

7. He has found the sofa

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full imageDSCF4923.jpg

8. He has found the chair but prefers the cushion taking out and will cry til you do so

img-resized.png Reduced: 85% of original size [ 600 x 800 ] - Click to view full image18082008721.jpg

9. He has found our bed

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full image17082008712.jpg

10. He likes to dry his face on the soft furnishings after having a drink.

11.He likes Sunday dinners even when it's not Sunday especially Yorkshire puddings

12. He likes his eyes rubbing on a morning

13. He likes getting out and about

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full image18082008714.jpg

14. I am still yet to hear him bark

15. He quite likes his sisters and they like him even mardy Grace and cantakerous Meg :lol:

img-resized.png Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full imageDSCF4927.jpg

16. He is loved to the moon and back :wub:

Will keep you all updated until Kirsty can hopefully remember her e mail addy :laugh: and register.