UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alan Has A New Home :-) Fao Claz And Anyone Else Interested

ReikiAnge

Hello all. Thanks to Angela and Snow i can now finally post!!. We collected Alan on Sunday at Leicester Services and were waiting anxiously for two hours as there had been dreadful hold ups on Jodies part of the journey. Finally tho he arrived and it was just love at first sight.

He is so lovely and even gave me a little kiss as soon as i greeted him. To say he has settled in is an understatement.I feel like he has been here ages and even tho i said no dog could ever replace my beautiful Milo that left for the bridge in May he has gone a long way to healing my broken heart. Without Milo, that i found abandoned in a ditch 8 1/2 years ago, i would never have known the joys of being owned by a dog let alone a sighthound. I never knew how old he was as his age was estimated between 8 and 12 when i found him although i had him for 8 1/2 years!!!

Alan is now living with me, my OH, Andy and my girls. Meg an 8 1/2 year old lurcher cruelty case from the RSPCA that has lived with me for 6 1/2 years, Sherry a 9 1/2 year old terrier cross who Andy got as a puppy from Ponderosa Rescue before i met him, Holly a 2 year old lurcher from TIA that came to us in January and Grace who we actually found on our way home from TIA when we reserved Holly. She was in a dreadful state cut and bleeding with untreated ear infections and stunk like a sewer. Unsuprisingly she was never claimed and although Debs at TIA said she would take her if we still wanted Holly or she would put Holly up for adoption again we decided to have them both. That swelled our numbers and if anyone had of told me i would end up with five dogs i would have said they were mad.

I cannot understand why anyone would want rid of such a beautiful and kind dog. He didn't even complain when Meg accidently trod on him as he does take up quite a lot of floor space!! Milo died of heart failure at home although he had been suffering from lumbar sacral stenosis and had been to the vets the day he left us for a last ditch attempt to improve his condition by having steroids into his spine. I would have given anything to have had a bit more time with him so i can't understand how people that are so lucky to still have fit and healthy dogs are willing to give them away

However on saying all that their loss is most definalty our gain. I will start another thread with some more pics on. Thanks to all at the Oldies Club as that is how i found him

Kirsty x