UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Conservatory Questions

ClazUK

Is there anything I can do to stop it becoming a fly/wasp/bee/mosquito graveyard? I seem to sweep up at least 20 bodies every day.

Is it too hot to keep CDs in? (Feels like an oven some days).

How the heck do you clean the outside of the roof?!

Will black leather furniture fade in there?

I'm sure there will be more but thank you if you can help with any of these :flowers:

you can clean the roof with a pressure jet thingy or a garden hose, a stiff broom and a ladder or an attachment for washing cars that goes on your hose ( and a ladder and a good sense of balance )

don't know about insects , I used to get loads of dead ones in my conservatory

every thing else depends on which way it faces I think

you can clean the roof with a pressure jet thingy or a garden hose, a stiff broom and a ladder or an attachment for washing cars that goes on your hose ( and a ladder and a good sense of balance )

So basically I need a Matt?

If you leave your roof to get dirty, it helps keep it cooler in the summer :ph34r_anim:

I did once try to clean mine with a power washer, but the ensuing shriek from next door made me realise it had hit our roof and bounced off over the fence onto my neighbour who was outside weeding! :biggrin: been a good excuse not to do it again! unless you have full blinds, including the ceiling, it does get very hot, the furniture may well fade.

You must have a nice big conservatory...I have more of a conserve, can only fit two cane chairs, small table and a dog crate in it!...oh and a very big hibiscus.

Would the heat cause the leather to crack, if it's not fed often????

I did have a conservatory :mecry: , but it's full to the top of Stevie's clothes etc. He's inbetween camps at the moment and all his stuffs in there.

I love my conservatory, it's the best 'room' in the house! The roof is currently quite green and needs a good clean with the pressure washer, which we *try* and do every year (horrible job). I get lots of dead insect bodies in there and not sure how to solve that one. Enjoy Claz!

I love my conservatory too except that I've never found an easy answer regarding keeping the roof clean (we do our best but it's huge and the leaves collect there from the winter). It's south facing so we almost walk in and then run out in the summer (particularly on days like today when it's sweltering!) but it's fab for crating dogs overnight cos it's cool and wonderful in late evenings and early mornings. I'd like to make it a 'posh' conservatory' but the dog stuff seems to take over so we have insects, cobwebs and loads of dust all the time :rolleyes:

Conservatory is 29' long by 11!. Currently it houses a three seater settee and a two seater settee (owned by our dogs) and a large cat tree, a grooming table, a grooming blaster and three large dog crates :laugh: Plus a couple of buckets of water for said dogs and cats :wacko: I really should get a life ................................

I agree with all the above posts. Don't do what my friend did. She liked ornamental candles and decided to put a few of the more ornate ones in the conservatory. Come the next hot day, she came home to find the candles had all wilted spectacularly, and then reset into grotesque misshapes. She has never forgiven me for laughing at them. :laugh: :laugh:

Oooh thank you, lots of lovely tips there. Tomorrow I am off to get my blinds and I will add a venus flytrap to the shopping list :biggrin:

The plant mum has isn't a venus flytrap, she can't remember what it's called either :rolleyes: . But it has long tube like "leaves" that suck the bugs in and eats them :wacko:

ooh, you could have a conservatory full of flesh eating plants :biggrin: