UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flea Stuff

Ciren

I have never bought flea stuff from petshops etc. as I've generally read not to, so I buy Frontline from the vets when I need it for the dogs (the one I buy is in a pipette and goes on between the shoulder blades. Try to put it on during the day when it's a nice sunny day so it can dry out a bit in the sun rather than going all over the furniture :rolleyes: Also don't kiss the back of the dog's neck for a day or so - or you'll end up with a gob of Frontline like my poor husband did recently :laugh: )

I don't use it all year round as I prefer not to use too much stuff if I can avoid it, but do tend to use it in the summer months - and we get ticks in the woods too :sick01: .

I also add garlic to their food and use garlic in the tuna cake I make each week for treats.

You can buy Frontline in loads of places now. My mum buys hers in the chemists next door to her doctors surgery and I've bought it in Pets@home. I got my last lot from VetUK through clicking the linky on the Dogstar website so that they get a small donation too.

link

i will remember that for next time, need to sort paypal out for now.

yes she is insured i just got that sorted. she was wormed midway through month i will need to do her again mid september. it was a tablet the vet gave me :D will sort the flea thingy this week.

your all cool :D its nice to know i have somewhere to come when i start wibbling :P

I swear by Frontline. My vet did say when I took Korky in for her booster that Frontline doesn't kill ticks anymore. :unsure:

I was surprised. I don't worry as I know how to remove them.

But for a first time dog owner it may be wise to have a word with your vet to see what does kill the ticks off too in case you aren't confident enough to use a tick remover. :flowers:

I'm not saying you aren't confident hun, but I do know Peaches is your first doglet, so please don't take my post the wrong way. :GroupHug:

Kazz xx

i will remember that for next time, need to sort paypal out for now.

yes she is insured i just got that sorted. she was wormed midway through month i will need to do her again mid september. it was a tablet the vet gave me :D will sort the flea thingy this week.

your all cool :D its nice to know i have somewhere to come when i start wibbling :P

Just to add wibble all you want around friends :flowers:

Kazz xx

i will get frontline, and i probably will pay through the nose but we got no way of getting any online atm :( doesnt matter tho as its whats best for her :D

fyi i am probably sounding blunt and cranky atm, aunty flow is not good for me due to certain reasons so i turn into a real devil :P but i do apprecitae all the advice :D