UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flea Stuff

Ciren

Vetzyme flea shampoo may work on headlice on kids though, not that i recently used it on my daughter you understand :ph34r_anim:

Does it really? If it does I need to get some in for the new school year. Ellis always gets them te first week back!

Ciren, assuming you've de-flead the dog have you also done the house and bedding?

When Digby came our vets gave us tablets I'd never heard of before [scuttle off to find packet]

Capstar. They are very good and only need one tablet once :) they're only for flea treatment though unlike some of the other stuff which does worms, ticks etc as well.

Frontline OK, but some bugs are resistant to it now.*

Frontline Combo is more effective than Frontline but needs a prescription so less easy to buy online.

Never use pesticides from pet shops or supermarkets in particular, avoid anything made by Hartz, that stuff is actively dangerous AND it doesn't work!

Get a tick-tool.

* to my mind this is a good reason to not use flea stuff unless you need it.

* to my mind this is a good reason to not use flea stuff unless you need it.

Agree with that. I only ever use flea stuff if the animals actually have them, never otherwise.

Didn't know that about Hartz [never used it mind] whats dangerous about it?

I never use flea stuff unless the dogs get fleas. Can't remember the last time they did it's definately 4+ years ago as Rudi has never had them. I hate the trend of using things like Frontline on a monthly basis - it's a con and can't be healthy.

RMF Out of date flea treatments can be lethal.