How Is The Credit Crunch Affecting You?

cheryl33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation with oil prices hit home for me when I ordered the boss 1000 litres of heating oil, last time I did it was 35p a litre - this time it was 60p a litre :wacko:

I'm in credit with both my gas and electricity after the winter and will go on building up credit over the summer which will hopefully mean we won't be too badly affected but if prices keep climbing then obviously we'll need to keep a close eye on the amount we pay so as not to be hit with a huge bill next March.

I am not using the car unless I am taking the dog to her walk. Can't walk there as it's 10 miles away and it's the nearest safe off lead one with no livestock. Getting a lift to work and sharing petrol so £5 a week instead of £25 a week.

No point in changing the car as it's a 4X4 and the value will be nothing. If I'm careful I can make a tank last.

Does anyone know anything about the new car tax that may be coming in next April affecting all cars older than 2001? Have just picked up a conversation on the radio that increases could by as much as up to £450 a year. Of course, this also means the bottom is dropping out of the 2nd hand car market.

My electricity bills are the stuff nightmares are made of. Petrol I'm not noticing as much because my commute to work is much shorter. About £40 a week on petrol does me. If I were working in Aberdeen, it would be double that.

I have no idea how I'm going to cope in winter. My house is freezing when the temperature drops.

Does anyone know anything about the new car tax that may be coming in next April affecting all cars older than 2001? Have just picked up a conversation on the radio that increases could by as much as up to £450 a year. Of course, this also means the bottom is dropping out of the 2nd hand car market.

All I know about it is that there was a big stink as Mr Brown and his monkey Mr Darling were once again hitting the most hard up, I really can't stick that pair and ashamed that they are both Scottish :(

Does anyone know anything about the new car tax that may be coming in next April affecting all cars older than 2001? Have just picked up a conversation on the radio that increases could by as much as up to £450 a year.

That's outrageous, some people's cars cost less than that - don't they think if people could afford to buy newer cars they would?! :angry:

Well I'll be well and truly F-ed then, as my car is a P-reg and of course I won't get anything for it should I try and sell it :mad: :( I thought that I picked summin up about 4x4's and SUV's being charged more - but not ickle P-reg's :(

Like everyone else I'm noticing the price rises for just about everything - although being a single person with 2 dogs it doesn't hit me as hard as other people. I'm determined though that this new job is within cycling distance - which, with 3.5 miles it is, even for a very unfit @rse like mine! - so that I'll only use the car for trips with the dogs; they're the reason I got a car in the first place! I foresee 5 layers and early nights coming into fashion this winter :rolleyes:

No I didn't but have found stuff here

http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=232526

and here http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/...-Galaxy/232518/

that'll be both the cars here will be hit then....I don't want to buy a new car when these run perfectly well :(

:( omg I only pay that for my cars, I can only afford old bangers. My car is an N reg. older than Billy's P reg!!I would have to give up driving. Hubby has a4x4 to pull the caravan but thats only a J reg so even older. :( x

Just to stop the panic, cars before 2001 should be ok, the new excise duty was going to be on cars from 2006 and the government have now changed it to cars from 2001, so us with really old cars should be ok for the time being.