UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Petrol

ranirottie

is anyone having trouble getting petrol? My son has just come in and said that the big garage at Sainsburys are only letting people have £30 and the little garage is regulars only so I have just sent hubby out to both to fill my car up. I didn't realise that it was that serious! :unsure: x

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few garages are limiting around here. Some have run out of diesel already

Glad I'm on holiday for 2 weeks. I need diesel to work. Drove 40 miles yesterday. Expect it will be the same today and about 30 on Sunday. But we are only carers not deemed as important as people who work in hospitals. No offense meant to anyone who does, but the workload at hospitals would increase if we can't get to people to give them their care and medication.

I popped into Morrisons (shopping) earlier and the garage was rammed and they were queuing 3 up to get in :rolleyes: I went half a mile up the road to the jet wash and there was hardly anyone in that garage :rolleyes:

The media cause all this panic buying by reporting these stories, causing just the effect that those striking want :rolleyes:

There has been a strike of Shell Hauliers as they want a bigger piece of Shells profits. As Shell onyl own about 1 in 10 garages its panic buying caused by media hype. i had to get petrol last Wed as I was on the red and queues were mad at the tesco so i went to the morrisons which was only a little better.

I'm pizzed off with them.I think we'd all quite like an increase of about £9k on our wages and I'd certainly quite like to bump mine up to £41,500 a year,greedy gits :angry: I thought the strikes initially were about the cost of petrol,now I know it's about their wages I'm not at all impressed.

Hi All,

The strikes are for a pay rise - there jobs are risky and lets face it if me or you drive into them and theres just one tiny spark - they defo aint going to get out alive! (obviously a tanker isnt just going to crumble in a accident but thats pretty much why they want more money)

I work in transport and have to admit that the strikes are causing me a nightmare at work! Spain are currently striking massively - according to our suppliers the worst they have ever seen! Spain have no foods on the shelf, no petrol, cannot import in or out and two ppl have been killed.

England are now striking and on Monday France will be blocking the boarders and striking. The original English strikes were to do with the fuel price that the hauliers pay not for just anyone - they will be doing this strike again in July - just so your warned :)

I'm pizzed off with them.I think we'd all quite like an increase of about £9k on our wages and I'd certainly quite like to bump mine up to £41,500 a year,greedy gits :angry: I thought the strikes initially were about the cost of petrol,now I know it's about their wages I'm not at all impressed.

My understanding is their wages haven't increased for 16yrs, but their hours have increased in that time so effectively they have had a pay cut. :(

Shell's board members typically received a 16 percent increase in their pay packets last year. :rolleyes:

The tanker drivers are not employed by Shell. They are employed by an outside company, so the dispute is nothing to do with Shell.

If they were getting paid 31,00 - 36,000 sixteen years ago, that was some salary.

They have been offered 7.3% backdated to January 1st and a further 6% from 1 January 2009, bringing their average earning to around 41,500 per year.

Maybe we should all boycott Shell garages and then they wouldn't be needed.

From the bbc @ Drivers strike over pay

Unite says it does not meet its demand for minimum pay of £36,000 a year. Hoyer said staff earned more than that.

Unite has said 641 drivers will go on strike for four days from 13 June but added it was willing to hold talks with managers at conciliation service Acas.

The union said it had already won a mandate from its members to take industrial action.

Hoyer's Bernie Holloway called Unite's decision to reject their improved pay offer "a great disappointment".

"We believe this is a very good offer, and combines with previous pay awards to produce an overall increase in average earnings over the last four years totalling 27% - double the rate of inflation," he said.

"However the union have responded by re-enforcing their demand for a 13% increase."

He said the firms would continue to "explore all possible options to resolve what is clearly a very difficult situation".

Disagreement

Hoyer UK, which is leading the negotiations, argues the drivers already earn more than £36,000 in average pay, and this would rise to about £38,500 with the wage increase.

But Unite argue that the drivers earned £32,000 for working a basic 48-hour week - about the same as they did 15 years ago in real terms not adjusting for inflation.

Officials say Hoyer UK is most likely factoring in overtime into their figures, which the union is not.