UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Frighteneing Experience

I have just got back for seeing Pushka.

What a gorgeous dog she is

She was fine when I went in the house and when we took her for a walk.

We tried her on a head collar and this helped with her pulling.

I had taken a long line with me when we put her on this and let her play with my dog Jet she wanted to play but it was a bit rough. She got a telling off from Jet.

The behaviourist who knows Pushka only had 1 session with her and is going to see her next week.

We think yesterday was rough play and not aggression.

Well done Fenella for sticking with her with a little work you will have a great dog.

Thank you to the posters here that supported the rescue we did act as soon as we could.

That is good news, it also shows that you need to see the dog and how it is acting before you can suggest anything to change the behaviour.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just got back for seeing Pushka.

What a gorgeous dog she is

She was fine when I went in the house and when we took her for a walk.

We tried her on a head collar and this helped with her pulling.

I had taken a long line with me when we put her on this and let her play with my dog Jet she wanted to play but it was a bit rough. She got a telling off from Jet.

The behaviourist who knows Pushka only had 1 session with her and is going to see her next week.

We think yesterday was rough play and not aggression.

Well done Fenella for sticking with her with a little work you will have a great dog.

Thank you to the posters here that supported the rescue we did act as soon as we could.

Well done Kev and you too fennell

Actually it was me not Summersun that posted the last comment. If you read back you will find the quote was actually taken out of context. It is my opinion and experience that dogs need to know their place and every dog is an individual. Some dogs are just fine when given loads of liberties and will never ever dream of challenging the owner, some dogs however look for ways of becoming in charge and this is often suble not aggressive. Most dog attacks happen in the owners home and is not breed specific.

The main problem area is the bedroom and the bed or furniture. Well done if you have six dogs who lay on furniture and beds, they are obviously happy and well balanced dogs. But the reality is that not all dogs are, sometimes things have happened to them in their past, sometimes the owners just dont understand the breed of dog.

Could I ask that this quote is taken in its entirety as I do not wish to cause further misunderstandings. I love dogs, even the bad guys and feel they should be given every chance to settle happily in a home. However I am sensible enough to feel that dogs teeth on people should never be allowed even in play, this in my opinion is creating a dangerous situation. What may be a bruise on an adult could be much worse on a child, and I for one do not want to give the dangerous dog petitioners anything else to shout about.

Actually this is quite sensible and I see it this way too. I have dogs that are not allowed within sight of a sofa yet I have Bojangles who has his own sofa. Breeds, types and personalities are all individual to each and every dog.

Good grief! This post has sparked a bit of a slanging match! Thanks so much to Kev for coming over today and working with Pushka-i feel really positive and am going to keep up the good work. Have ordered a collar and long line as i thought they worked so well today. Thankyou so much to everyone who has taken the time to answer my post-i have felt really well supported. Now could you all stop having a go at each other? Surely we are all here for the same reason-our love of dogs-thanks-fenella x

on a slightly different note, my friend has a greyhound who wants to play with other dogs and when he cant as he is on lead he tries to bite there arms, a behaviourist has been involved and in the end he is muzzled on lead and not when off lead,not sure if this adds anything to the already huge thread but just a thought for those blaming the ridgeback side of the dog