UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nuggett Update

Julesnmilo

Hi

Just to let folks know that when we were in surgery, it was clear that Nuggett has testicular cancer. The vet feels that although it may have spread further exploration seems pointless, and to let him live out however long he has left would be far kinder than further prodding and poking.

If it has spread it will be to his lungs.

He coped with the op well, although I think he is now VERY confused, he is not quite sure where he is or what is going on and is now very weak in his back end....just hoping this op hasn't pushed him too far. He looks so sad :mecry:

Snuggles for Nuggy :flowers:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Hope it hasn't spread. Poor little man. Sending him masses of healing and positive thoughts bless him. Sometimes the boys are low after being neutered so hopefully he'll be more chirpy tomorrow. Hoping he's with us a good while yet. :GroupHug:

Oh, big snuggles :GroupHug:

I have Jack the patterdale with us at the mo and he had his op on Monday, the vets have sent his bits away for further testing and belive he has a Sertoli cell Tumour in them. Fingers crossed they got it all but results due on Thurs for us. Hope Nugget is ok, Jack was super wobbly Tues and Wed, but back to his adorable grumpy self now!! :laughingsmiley: Hope Nugget is back in the garden with his ball v soon. xxx

Edited by Nikki

Sorry to hear about Nugget's diagnosis, I know how worrying it is but whole heartedly agree with not subjecting him to further tests, I went through this with my old Goldie who underwent castration and scrotal ablation aged approx 14. We chopped them off and kept our fingers crossed, as at his age, I didn't believe further tests and treatment would have been in his best interests, he's now 16 and still here :wub:

Fingers crossed Nugget and Jack will both be as fortunate :GroupHug: Will keep them both in my thoughts

Lorraine