UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Amazing Adventures Of Jasper, One Of The Bravest Dogs I Have Had The Pleasure To Know.

wiccaweys

What a very special and beautiful little guy, and such a fighter. Did the Irish vet not to post op xrays to check his fixation?! I hope his leg heals and he doesn't still need amputation. We had a very similar fracture case and despite trying we did eventually have to go for amputation anyway.

(((hugs)))) to him and huge kudos to all involved!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mecry: what a terrible ordeal for the gorgeous fella. No wonder he ran from you. Looks like he is now figuring out where 'home' is though. :wub:

I have emailed my canine hydro/physio to see if he can make any recommendations for pool heating/cleaning etc.

Will let you know if he has any advice etc.. on Tuesday when I see him again :flowers:

Andrea x

A range of thoughts from :( to :bigsmiley: How anyone could knowingly leave him in that field or leave a snapped drill bit inside his leg is utterly beyond my understanding but it looks like he's happy enough now & you've done everything you can to give him a chance of regaining full mobility. Best of luck in the coming weeks.

If the idea of building a pool proves infeasible then I've just seen a suggestion on another board for a dog in foster down that way which says that

Moulton College in Northampton has a brill hydrotherapy pool. 01604491131 and ask for the animal therapy unit, open 7 days a week. Students also do cheap grooming as well apparently.

What the hell is wrong with people :( un-be-feckin'-lievable, unfortunatly I think it's an all to common attitude with farmers, over here as well as in Ireland :angry:

Complete arse of a vet too, will a complaint be made about him ?

Sarah, Spud has a floatation vest that he is keen to get rid of on account of him being carp at swimming, despite rather expensive hydro :glare: , it's 14 inches along the back and is an Outward Hound one, any use ?

Big hugs to Jasper, at least his life as turned around, and :liebe94: to all involved in his rescue and continuing care :GroupHug:

couldn't agree more, I would have been arrested if I had met the farmer & vet concerned, goodness

knows how Tess managed to stay under control.

Big (gentle) :GroupHug: :GroupHug: and lots of :wub: :wub: for jasper too

Edited by Laurel n Hardy

Moulton College in Northampton has a brill hydrotherapy pool. 01604491131 and ask for the animal therapy unit, open 7 days a week. Students also do cheap grooming as well apparently.

Thanks Ian, one of the volunteers has already contacted Molton and explained Jasper's history/situtation.

Unfortunately they are hideiously expensive and not prepared to budge on price/help out.

That has more than just a tear to my eye, it bought a whole leak :mecry:

Poor Jasper - he has been through so much but thankfully he has you know, please keep us updated on how he is getting on he is such a goergeous and brave boy. :GroupHug: for you all.

Clare x