UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lady Cannot Afford Dental For Beloved Dog

doggielover

There is a lady in Wiltshire who cannot afford £250 to get her dog's dental work done. She is therefore looking to rehome for the benefit of the dog. Not on benefits so PDSA/RSPCA no help and Vet won't allow them to pay monthly. They obviously love the dog and are torn up at having to part with it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where she can get help?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cindy those were my thoughts too.

This isn't someone I know, but she was advertising her dog as she couldn't afford the bill and wanted to do the best by her friend. She has apparently advertised it two or three times and then pulled the ad because she doesn't really want to give her up.

She is very torn between wanting to keep her friend and doing the best for the dog's health. Would be nice to try and help her find a solution.

di

As she actually approached her local RSPCA branch? - they all have different guidelines I think, but I know that in these circumstances my local branch would give something towards it even if she is not on benefits, as long as the vet confirmed the situation.

Her local branch may take a different view of course, but if she hasn't actually asked because she is not on benefits it may still be worth a try.

:flowers:

Just surfed the net and found a number for a charity called Pet Aid - they help out with bills over £100 - never heard of them and presume there is a criteria to meet, but worth a try 0191 514 4353. Would definately be worth trying RSPCA too. Good luck

There's a charity called Tailwaggers Club Trust: http://www.tailwaggersclubtrust.com/ which help dog and cat owners meet vet bills that they can't afford.

They are presumably inundated with requests so no idea if they could help or not, but certainly worth a try.

Has the lady been back to her vet to explain that she is struggling so much to cover the vet bill that she is being forced to advertise the dog for rehoming? I've no idea if our vet offers a payment plan or not, but it's got to be worth her asking different vets if she hasn't already.

Edited by ReikiAnge
SNAP! Fee

I was also thinking of Tailwaggers Trust. Its a small Charity but which was set up specifically to help in situations like this.

Other than that, although a slight variation on Pingus original suggestion, wasn't something along the lines of a vetinerary fund from the Refuge's rescue sponsorship scheme muted a month or two ago that might be adapted to something like this?