UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lady Cannot Afford Dental For Beloved Dog

doggielover

It sounds a bit of a difficult situation for the lady - Im happy to donate some money towards it, I know we cant do it all the time, but if a good number of members here even put just £1 in, the bill would be covered easily, and none of us would notice £1..

We could send the money to the original poster via paypal for example, to pay the vet direct? so it covers the issue of any one that might be dubious and ensures the dog gets the treatment..

I guess it depends on how the meeting with the owner goes, but semantics aside, the dog needs the help, and if there are no PDSA/Blue Cross organisations that can help, Im willing to put up a bit.. :flowers:

Hope this helps if anyone else is thinking along the same lines... xx

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vet no longer allows credit either, we used to pay so much every visit but because people have run up such huge bills and not paid then they insist on pay as you go, even on a course of treatment. I just paid out £95 for Joshs blood tests, another £35 for his antibiotics and he has to have more blood tests next week, he is insured so I can get it back. However I do think if I was in dire straits because they know me well, they may allow me to pay in installments. I suppose it depends on how well the lady knows her vet, if she is an established client or a new client. I would certianly go back and have a word and explain that she may have to give up the dog. Perhaps she would be advised to get it insured, but problem is they dont cover dental work (well my insurance doesnt anyway) and it would be too late to claim for this as its already happening. But an idea in case of future illness isnt it :(

Oops that will teach me to read the entire posting :wacko: Glad its sorted out