UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Deep Breath

Lizzie

.....I'm taking several deep breaths, this is so hard to say.

Danny will be taking the journey to Rainbow bridge on Friday. :mecry:

He saw the vet this afternoon and she was concerned at the deterioration in him, just 6 weeks after his last consultation.

Danny collapsed saturday morning while I was still in bed, he didn't bark or cry so I disn't know what had happened. Lord knows how long he was down for, maybe 3/4 hour or so, but his back legs had splayed and he was in a semi-sit position. I had to use a towel to get his back end up, he had also fouled himself while down. :mecry:

The poor lamb was mortified and couldn't bring himself to look at me. Danny lost some of his dignity that morning and he hasn't recovered from it yet, he has fallen a few more times since then. :(

My lad is a fighter, through and through. He is worn out though and in pain with arthritis, my vet says his hips are virtually gone.

Our decision has been made on Danny's quality of life, mainly after seeing the post from red rotties (poor Lesley, I really feel for her :GroupHug: )

I can't bear the thought of leaving the house and Danny falling and breaking a leg or something, so with a great many tears today the end is so near.

Sorry for the long post, just in bits at the moment. :mecry:

Thanks everyone for your messages over the weekend, it helped enormously knowing Danny was in your thoughts.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Oh sweetie i am so sorry , you have been in my thoughts and i will be thinking about you over the next wee while too , the decision is never an easy one to make , lots of :wub:

Sending loads of calming thoughts for the lovely Danny :GroupHug:

Fiona xx

I am so,so sorry to read this. I really feel for you but you have done your best for him and Danny will know that. He knows you love him and will feel your sadness.

Enjoy the time left with him and let him go without guilt, you are giving him all the help you can and his passing will be peacefull and he will be young and happy again and will wait for you at the bridge.

Give him lost of gentle :GroupHug: and for you as well :GroupHug:

Barbara