UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Gardening Fred 2008

dirtychicken

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the OM to put up the gazebo day before yesterday as I cant sit in direct sun, but love the garden... then it got windy last evening and demolished it. So back to the big umberella.

The bird that looked like a woodpecker may have been a bullfinch, they are very brightly coloured and are visiting feeding stations now. We had a male and a female(less bright- nuff said) last week. :rolleyes:

I only have a tiny yard but have put troughs and hanging baskets up and am growing courgettes, strawberries, french beans, cucumber, tomatoes and sugar snap peas, peppers, chillis all in pots!

P1010448.jpg

P1010450.jpg

p1010451.jpg

p1010453.jpg

P1010436.jpg

P1010439.jpg

P1010417.jpg

P1010443.jpg

P1010449.jpg

I ate my first 2 strawberries today.

last week I ate my rocket and mixed salad leaves, also in pots. so you don't have to have a big garden!

Edited by alexis

Alexis well done, what a lovely show :flowers:

I am going to grow some veg in posts next year. I wanted to do it this year but never got round to it. I did grow loads of stuff in my last house as I had a much bigger garden which got a lot of sun. Tis more of a challenge here as the garden is very shady and there is not a lot of room but you have inspired me :flowers:

I found out the the 'beech' trees I got given at work were in fact Evergreen Oaks (also known as Holly Oaks). They are part of the beech family and are mediterranean plants, so will be interesting to see how they fare in sunny Manchester :laugh:

I planted them in troughs last week to see how they would fare, so only time will tell.

as someone who has never had a "human garden" before I am so pleased with mine this year.

This is my favourite bit.

mygardenjune162008003.jpg

and this is what it looks like a little further away

mygardenjune162008007.jpg

Ebbi finding the last bit of sun on the dog patio

mygardenjune162008001.jpg

and does anyone know what this is? the leaves are a beautiful red/burgundy colour with white flowers,it is really pretty.

mygardenjune162008005.jpg

and added this just because "let us in mum,we dont care if dads just watered the lawn" :laugh:

mygardenjune162008006.jpg

and does anyone know what this is? the leaves are a beautiful red/burgundy colour with white flowers,it is really pretty.
I think it may be one of the virburnum family? :unsure:

I'm gardenless at the moment - I'm waiting for my very own design from Helen - it was a housewarming pressie from the Squiggs and I'm hoping to get started around the first anniversary of being here.

However I'm itching to plant things NOW so I've been scratching the itch by buying pots and plants and making up my own baskets:

P1010012.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Edited by ClazUK