UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Zoe The Wiccaweys Westie

a few days ago the Oldies Club were made aware of a 17 year old Westie in urgent need of a rescue space that could offer a foster home. That well known Westie rescue Wiccaweys stepped forward to offer her a place of safety ( she was at a vets having been taken in by her owners to be PTS ) . The amazing Bernie delivered her to Wiccs yesterday and today GS , Mark and I popped over to see her ( as you do )

introducing Zoe , she is blind , deaf and reported to be incontinent

DSCF0757.jpg

she is very smelly and horrible and not at all nice but as Mum had a harness and coat that fitted she agreed to foster her :biggrin:

DSCF0796.jpg

DSCF0803.jpg

when we got to Mums Zoe had an explore ( and the odd bump ) around the garden

DSCF0812.jpg

Gracie as always is not at all fussed

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0814.jpg

there was a small matter of a bath

DSCF0834.jpg

then a blow dry

DSCF0854.jpg

then it was dinner time

DSCF0904.jpg

before a nap

DSCF0924.jpg

DSCF0951.jpg

She is the most amazing and lovely dog and it would have been tragic if she had been PTS so huge thanks to the Vet , Oldies Club , Wiccaweys and Bernie :GroupHug:

Sam

P.s I have a small video uploading now and will add it as soon as I can

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww Thank you so much for the update and piccies. She is rather gorgeous isn't she. I'm so glad she is now 'at home' A big thank you from me too to Vets who decided she shouldn't be PTS and persuaded the owners to sign her over, to oldies club, Ange and big :GroupHug: to Sarah for alerting me to her predicament so I could have the pleasure of bringing her to Wiccaweys and to Grandma Squirrel for taking the little poppet under her wing. :flowers: She was such a good girl in the car despite the fact I had first to go to Leicester then on to Wiccaweys, and the blanket she had for her comfort remained dry, so no incontinence for the 4 hour journey.

Edited by Bernie

Why on earth was she being pts?

Because her owners are emigrating.

Thanks to Super Bernie for leaping into action at short notice to get her down to us, and of course the GS and the rest of the bath running over, non dog breed recognising, puppy napping Sqwirrel family. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, there was another potential puppy napping incident today - involving Grandma Squirrel herself!

On frisking on the way out (normal Wiccaweys security procedure for all Sqwirrrelly visitors

called Mark

) she was found to have the below shoved up her jumper!!

belle02.jpg

Thankfully Lily St Bernard leapt to the rescue and slimed Grandma Squirrel into submission and Ickle Belle was able to make her escape. :biggrin: