UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Do You Think This Would Work

ailsas mum

We have a gala day here in June and I've had an idea that I would like to put to you all to see if you think it would work before I start spending what little money I have.

I want to get a stall and promote different small/breed rescues that are dotted around the country, put up posters hand out business cards that I make for rescues, perhaps make some dog toys/coats to sell for charities. Tootsmazza says gal up here would like to be involved and Baileysmom will be getting roped in ( well she did say she thought it would work ), it will be mainly trying to tell people how good rescue dogs are and that no matter what kind of dog you want if you wait long enough one will come into rescue. The s.s.p.c.a. have a stall but they just tend to sit and do not a lot and try and make money. So over to you lot, would it work, is it to much like hard work, or is it a daft idea.

Terri

Publicity is always good. You need to have permission from the rescues themselves to promote their dogs. Can't see anyone turning you down. Go for it!

You may find out you give out more paperwork and gab more than you sell stuff so don't have too much stock. You have to do a health and safety risk assessment when you hold a stall as well but there's nothing to that and I'm sure someone will be able to give you an example of one.

Publicity is always good. You need to have permission from the rescues themselves to promote their dogs. Can't see anyone turning you down. Go for it!

You may find out you give out more paperwork and gab more than you sell stuff so don't have too much stock. You have to do a health and safety risk assessment when you hold a stall as well but there's nothing to that and I'm sure someone will be able to give you an example of one.

I wouldn't advertise about any rescue unless they wanted me to, I'm actually hoping that I can get members from some local rescues to come along and speak to people about the dogs they have in. Tootsmazza will I hope be there to speak to people about Greyhounds, Baileysmom has Cockers so she could hopefully come and speak to people about them, and to let people know that no matter what type of dog they want one will be in rescue if they can be patient and wait. I want to put small posters up promoting any rescue that wants to be done. I'll make business cards that people can take away with them, something like the ones I've done for trpd to give to people ( picture below ). If there are anymore groups like trpd around that would like me to do the same then that would be great. It will be more of an information booth than anything else but if I can sell a few toys or bandanna's then that would be great as well. I might need to get something back for materials but that will depend on how much I fork out.

The Gala day has been going on for years and they do this type of thing every year, you pay £20 for a stall well a bit of grass really :laugh: and take your own pasting table. I'll send of my form and the £20 and see if I get a pitch I'll then be back begging rescues to let me talk about them.

trpd card

DSC04348-1.jpg

Terri