UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fill Your Boots Girls In Wales

Trallwm farm

Hi Girls.

My name is Petty Officer Mick Dacre. Im onboard Hms Monmouth, we pull into Cardiff Tomorrow Thursday 13th March, we are docked in Britannia Quay.

As Senior Rates we are holding an offcial party onboard on Sunday 16th March Start time of 8pm till late

We visit Cardiff every year and normally are here for a week, which gives us time to handout as many invatations to as many women we can find. But unfortuntately this year we are only here Thursday - Monday so its going to be a bit tight, hence the reason why im writing this here.

Like i said in the title this is a genuine add, with free drinks all night and light snacks

All you need to do is bring this add as proof of invite,

When you arrive ask for myself Petty Officer Mick Dacre.

We are an all male ship hence the reason why it would be nice to entertain some female company.

Tell as many of your friends (female) as possible and will look forward to seeing you.

If you require any info feel free to email me at

[email protected]

I'm saying Mick Dacre in a welsh accent... and suspecting all is not as it may seem :laugh: (although my welsh is going a tad irish..)

Yup definately Mick Taker :biglaugh:

Although i do beleive the HMS Monmouth is actually docked in Cardiff at the mo. Probably back for the rugby tomorrow

Edited to say:- just checked on official MOD website:-

HMS Monmouth will visit Cardiff this weekend (13-18 March 2008) in a visit designed to reaffirm the strong links the Royal Navy warship already enjoys with her affiliated county of Monmouthshire.

The 4,800 tonne Type 23 frigate will berth at Britannia Quay on Thursday and has a full programme, welcoming onboard a number of VIPs and local organisations throughout her four day stay, as well as exercising their Freedom of the Town of Monmouth.

All ships and submarines of the Royal Navy are affiliated to different towns, cities and regions. This strengthens the Royal Navy’s ties with important communities, including organisations such as naval associations, youth groups and charities.

HMS Monmouth is no different and enjoys close ties with Monmouth Borough and Monmouth Town, as well as, amongst others, Monmouth School, the local branch of the Royal Naval Association, and Sea Cadet units TS Tenby (Pembrokeshire) and TS Ajax (Swansea). Her other military affiliations include the Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers and the Queen’s Dragoon Guards, based in Cardiff.

One of the highlights of the five-day visit will come when 75 members of the Ship’s company will exercise their privilege as Freemen of Monmouth to march through the streets of the town. HMS Monmouth received the Freedom of Monmouth in 2002 and this will be the first time that the ship has exercised its right to parade.

Whilst alongside Britannia Quay, the ship will be open to the general public on Saturday 15 March from 10.00am to 2.00pm. This is a chance for visitors to learn more about life on the ocean waves and what it is like to live and work onboard a warship. Admission is free.

Other activities during their stay will see the 180-strong crew hosting a reception for around 120 guests on Friday evening, where the guest of honour will be the Mayor of Monmouth, Mr Terry Christopher. A number of the Monmouth’s affiliates will get the chance to spend some time both onboard and at sea as they sail with the ship from Cardiff to Plymouth on Tuesday, 18 March.

The Commanding Officer of HMS Monmouth, Commander Tim Peacock, said: “I am delighted to have the opportunity to bring HMS Monmouth to visit her affiliated county for such a high profile visit. We crossed the globe last year and this visit will allow my ship’s company to share their experiences of life at sea with a wide variety of visitors, including our affiliates and members of the general public.

“Monmouth has enjoyed excellent links with Monmouthshire since her commissioning and our welcome is always warm and friendly. We relish the opportunity to reaffirm our strong affection for the region and her people and help reinforce the strong relationship the Royal Navy enjoys with Wales.â€

Last year HMS Monmouth completed a global nine month deployment, visiting 28 ports in 19 countries. The aim of the deployment was to display the United Kingdom’s continuing commitment to global security and HMS Monmouth worked closely with a host of agencies in conducting her mission, including participation in four live operations. The first half of 2008 will see HMS Monmouth working around UK waters conducting continuation training, maritime security and a number of naval exercises before a maintenance period in Scotland.

Powerful and versatile, with the capability to operate anywhere in the world, the Type 23 Frigate is the mainstay of the modern surface fleet. The 13 Type 23 frigates form 50% of the total Frigate/Destroyer force in the Royal Navy. Originally designed for the principal task of anti-submarine warfare, they have evolved into multi-purpose ships with the capability to operate anywhere in the world.

The effectiveness of these ships is enhanced by their stealth design, which reduces their radar signature significantly. In addition to the war-fighting roles described above, the ship is trained to conduct a wide range of other tasks. These include counter-terrorism and counter-piracy operations using boarding teams inserted from the ship's boats or helicopter, disaster relief work and surveillance operations.

Edited by lil_angel