UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club June Weekend Camp

Lydford

Hi Everyone, First let me introduce myself - My name is Kate and I will be helping Kelly with the events organisation. It is such a big job for one person and we want to get as many events as possible off the ground to publicise the work of The Oldies Club - so I will be assisting in order to spread the workload.

The first event we want to concentrate on is a weekend camp for everyone, and we mean EVERYONE!.Not only those involved with The Oldies Club, whether you are involved in fostering, transport, events, fundraising, or just generally supporting and following what goes on at The Oldies Club, but even those who may not have heard of us before ( here's our website - www.oldies.org.uk -go on take a look at what we do) - you are all invited. The camp will be our way of saying thankyou to you all for all your suport, in whichever way you offer it, even if you are brand new to The Oldies Club. It will be a weekend of fun, chat, lots of doggie talk and generally a having great time. Those who went on the 2006 camp will know what a good time it was, dispite the weather and this years will be as good, if not better.

So to get things under way in terms of organising it we need to get an idea of how many people would like to attend so that we can look for a campsite able to meet our requirements. The details we have so far are: Date: Friday 27th June - Sunday 29th June 2008.Location: A campsite in the Cotswolds area - yet to be named.Cost: TBA

Its a little vague at the moment we appreciate, which is why we need expressions of interest from you so that we can see the size of the camp we need to arrange.

If you are interested in attending can you please let me have the following details:

Number of adults

Number of children

Number of dogs

Whether you will be camping or caravanning.

You wont be contracted to attend by expressing an interest, we realise things change in your busy lives as the year progresses, but it will help us to get a clearer picture of the size of the event, and help in its organistaion, if you could register your interest at this stage.

Please register by FRIDAY 21st MARCH at the latest by adding the details required on the thread or by PM to me. Come on - join in The Oldies Club fun weekend!!!

Many thanks - Kate :flowers:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been so far to both of the camping trip organised in 2005 and 2006 and although both times the weather gods weren't on our side, it was a fun packed weekend, kids playing with the blokes Cricket whilst we ladies endulged in some (late) sunshine and cocktails :biggrin: :biggrin:

I would be a fool if I wouldn't come along, so here our registration:

2 Adults

0 Kids

2 Dogs

Camping

Cindy :biggrin: