UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs Today -banned From Crufts

lil_angel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's related but I was in the best in show arena year before last, really good seats with a friend. There were a couple of very shifty people who kept looking suspiciously around and were whispering things to each other and sat on different rows. One was a photographer and they were talking about where he should sit amongst other things. Very dodgy and security was really tight - as in really tight to the point where it made us ordinary spectators a bit fidgety.

Just before the evening event started, the security guys pulled the photographer and then later the lady who was with him, out from the crowd and forcibly demanded they leave (they had no tickets either). The photographer was rather disgruntled. Later on some protestors climbed over the railings just below where we were sat, holding a sign up to the cameras (it wasn't aired). I forget now what the protest was even about.

The KC really don't do themselves any favours though do they :mellow:

Well, they get £8 per pup registered dont they. :unsure: It's a business I guess. :rolleyes: Pay a tenner and you can register your pups in the section of litters.

They don't check any one out. :rolleyes: Did you see the dogs on Crufts tonight. (Off topic slightly sorry) :unsure: The bulldog wasn't happy at all with his legs being touched. He also wasn't happy in the ring. :(

Did the owner/handler give a toss. No I don't think so, just my thoughts.

Kazz xx

Did you see the dogs on Crufts tonight. (Off topic slightly sorry) :unsure: The bulldog wasn't happy at all with his legs being touched. He also wasn't happy in the ring. :(

Did the owner/handler give a toss. No I don't think so, just my thoughts.

Kazz xx

I noticed that Kazz, and also the poor pug :(

I'm quite glad my kids aren't coming with me on Saturday as Jacob has decided already that he is going to send a "very strong" email to the KC about their "irresponsible attitude about showing and not neutering" :rolleyes: He's asked me to mutter "neuter" to as many people as I can! Bless. No idea how they became so opinionated :laugh:

hiya!

Im off to Crufts and I show dogs too, I just wondered what Dogs today had against Crufts exactly..

I think with all these situations its up to the owners to make sure their dogs are fit and being kept in suitable conditons for shows. And the Kc should be enforcing this.

Last summer I couldnt believe the amount of dogs at KC run shows that died in the summer months because people left them locked up in cars :angry:

Off topic but I offered him a home before Xmas,emailed,left messages on phone and was then emailed that he had been rehomed.Is this true or not?

The link to the blog at the top of this topic says they thought a home had been found....I'm guessing it fell through. It's probably worth contacting Jodie at Castledon Kennels. Good luck :flowers:

My feelings about the original topic are this:

Beverley Cuddey knows exactly why she is not welcomed at Crufts but won't be telling her 'audience'. Do I trust a journalist? Maybe. Do I trust a journalist on a mission? NO WAY!

Dogs Today have not been refused admission to Crufts - all that's happened is that their official 'press' status has been withdrawn - so the photographer can take pics like the rest of us but he doesn't get to take 'special' pics with the rest of the press and he doesn't get the privilege of the Press Centre and he doesn't get his free grub. :rolleyes:

Actually, if (and I've no idea because I don't read Dogs Today) DT have had a campaign which is continually sniping at the Kennel Club, I can quite see the point of the KC not wanting them to attend their most prestigious event. Why would they? Dogs Today is nothing special - it's just one monthly magazine of many across the world (and, bear in mind the whole world's press are at this event). It's the Kennel Club's event and, quite frankly, they can invite who they want to!