UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs Today -banned From Crufts

lil_angel

I think he is a fabulous dog, but take heart, the die hards at the Kennel Club will positively hate him. They prefer the old English type that can't move and certainly couldn't work..

Sorry to go off topic again, but for this numpty who knows virtually nothing about GSDs please could you explain this, as muchly confused. Thank you :flowers:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a totally off subject concern about the Kennel Club. This year they listed greyhounds as an endangered breed because they had, I think, only 49 registered with them last year.

I was very concerned to see some newspapers then proceed to report that greyhounds were an endangered breed without understanding the difference between show greyhounds and racing greyhounds.

If the KC is going to make a statement like that, they need to qualify it by pointing out that they are only taking into account those registered as show dogs. There are thousands of greyhounds each year who are either abandoned, destroyed or dumped, from the racing industry who need homes and when the public are told they are endangered it is harder for the many charities who work to save them to convince people they really are in abundance.

Marie

I don't think DT have been childish - I actually think the KC has taken the childish reaction, and in so doing has given DT a great PR advantage - if it weren't for this and threads on other fora I wouldn't have been aware of this at all, and so wouldn't be in a position where I can now subscribe to a magazine who's ethics I applaud.

i applaud DT for having the balls to speak out against the KC breeder scheme. They are quite correct in their accusations about the lack of checks for health and known hereditory problems and its about time someone shouted loudly that a few quid can buy you a place in their directory that means shag all for the reliability of the breeder.

Wot they both said :flowers:

Apparently there were desparaging remarks made about DT and the KC on Crufts FM yesterday, don't know what was actually said but the person who heard them did wonder what was going on, at that point she didn't know that DT had been refused a press pass.