UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Tribute To Hugo

Sue B

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Hugo - the most gentlemanly dog I have ever met. It was a pleasure to know you, to have you in our home and to join you on walks in your park, tis not the Prince Regent's park - tis Hugo's park, to me anyway.

Sunday was the first time I have met up with your Mum and you have'nt been there, your presence was all around though.

I thought of you the whole walk on thursday morning in the park and because it was so very sad knowing I wouldn't see you meandering along and thought of how you, your Mum and Vicky would have enjoyed an almost empty park. I said Goodbye to you by the lake, did you hear me Hugo?

Never again will you come here, eat your fill of treats and then bark to go home when you realised there were no more on offer.

I will miss the laughs you gave us when you would decide to go a different route and ignored the fact that everyone else wanted to go another way - we all usually turned and went with you. Soemtimes your detour was to try and get back to the cafe for more sausages.

Never again will you sit in the back of the car with Mum and Vicky on the way home as if you were doing us a favour deigning to get in our car in the first place.

Oh Hugo you have left a very large hole.

I know I will never watch dogs eat sausages again without thinking of you Hugo.

I am proud to be able to boast 'I was one of Hugo's friends and he dined at my table, the best guest I ever had.

Thank Sue for sharing this special boy - he lightened life.

Run free and happy at the Bridge special boy - you were truly loved

Sleep tight darling Hugo :GroupHug:

I am thinking of the time we bumped into you at euston and Hugo "made" Mark buy him a donut and when he decided he didn't really fancy that he "made" Mark buy him a sausage roll and then mugged Mark for the dregs of his coffee and when he though we had sat there gassing enough he told us it was time for his dinner and made us all cry with laughter

Thats how I will remember him , full of life , love and laughter

Thank you so much for sharing Hugo with us all

All my love to you and Vicky :GroupHug:

Sam xxx

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Sue :GroupHug: I've been priviledged enough to have met Hugo once - on the Greyhound march, and he was indeed a very charming old man, but one with obvious character. Your love for him and the great life he had with you shine through your tribute and other people's posts with their memories of him. I hope that in time your grief over his loss will be replaced with the great memories you have of him.

Sleep tight Hugo :lily: :wub: