UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Could Do With Good Thoughts Please

BillyMalc

Some of you might remember that Mal had an op about 6 months ago, when some 'strange' mass was removed from his lip. This was sent off to the lab and it came back that it was a symptom ofa type of leukaemia :mecry: Mal wasn't the worse for wear, I was in bits. Mal is my soulmate; he is everything to me, I just can't bear the thought of losing him just yet, and at 11/12 years old I don't think that that is too unreasonable a thought. The one option that the vet gave is chemo therapy, but with the warning that it gives hardly any results on this type of cancer, so I've decided against it. I now give him a strictly controlled diet in terms of what food he can and cannot have, and he seemed to be doing great on it. Then about 6 weeks ago, his lip was swollen and the vet diagnosed an infection, possibly caused by the 'fold' in his lip that was created when they stitched up the wound from his op. A good clean and a course of AB's did the trick.

A good week ago, I noticed that Mal's lip was swollen again, so off we went to the vet's and he was diagnosed with the same, but the vet was also concerned about the size and redness of it. So off we went with a 10 day course of AB's and the advice to monitor it. Well you guessed it, the AB's do not have half the effect that I'd expect them to have, and he's got 'a lot more lip' than I'd like him to have. So we've got another appointment with the vet for tomorrow. :(

Mal in himself is completely fine. He scoffs his food, is well up for his walks, likes a tickle and is still trying to get away with as much 'hoovering' in the park as possible :rolleyes: :laugh: :wub: :wub: I'm the one who's suffering from is illness, not him! And I think that that's what I need to focus on. Still, I've not had the greatest of weeks, and it's one of those where you keep expecting bad news so ..... :(

Thanks for reading my long post - I'm never good with shorties, especially where Mal's concerned - and if you have any spare good thoughts lying about, could you possibly send him Mal's way? I don't seem to have much 'good luck' of my own this week :( Thank you.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sending loads of good thoughts to you both :GroupHug: I think you've hit the nail on the head in that you're the one suffering, not him, but then we always do, don't we. Mal sounds like he's doing just fine in himself and I hope the vet can provide good news and say that he'll continue to do well.

If he's not off-colour in himself, I'd say the outlook is good so try to keep your chin up and remember that Mal's a happy chap and knows no different. A lucky dog indeed :wub: