UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sad News Story

safneo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just spoken to Tamara and one of the dogs seems to have escaped but is missing. It is a brindle Staffordshire bitch called Polly. She is chipped and tagged and wearing a pink collar. This has been forwarded to Doglost.

There has been a report that a similar dog was hit by a car in Caddington but Road Cleansing have no reports and all of the Bedfordshire strays come to us. Dacorum the other local council have been contacted.

Any help on this one would be most appreciated.

Sh**

At least there were no bodies so there's a chance the missing six are still alive, hoping so much that they are found. One for doglost maybe?

Anyone local on here, please see if there's anything you can do to help.

Do they have to be local, I have some old duvets and pillows that I can send to them if needed.

Has the lovely wonderful Mr Penguin been approached yet? :biggrin:

good idea :)

I think it's a great idea to make them rescue of the month, I'd happily donate.

Run free sweethearts, hope the missing dog is found soon :( :GroupHug:

Me too

Had this email this morningfrom Carole the volunteer:

Thank you Barbara. All donations are going to be so gratefully received. It is wonderful how people are helping in this way. The priority is to get some kind of temporary stables up so that we can give the most urgent cases some shelter again. We have lots of rugs and blankets so we have a small way of keeping them warm at present.

If there is anyone out there who wants to do a tin collection outside their supermarket for the Sanctuary, then please ask them to write to me via the Sanctuary's address and I will get back to them.

Some animals are now in temporary homes, but we want them all back again.

Kind regards

Carole

Has anyone approached "the powers that be" re making this the rescue of the month? How does this work - is there a procedure to go through or are rescues names put forward by us plebs? :unsure: Or are lorry loads of Jaffa Cakes delivered to our betters?

I've got a full box containing about 12 packs of jaffa cake bars sitting here if it pleases the mighty penguin - I just need a postal addy :flowers:

(Depending on whether I manage to keep Ooky downwind of them)

Such tragic news :mecry: