UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fighting Between Forum

yena

Over the past year, I've noticed, forums fighting between themselves, because of certain posts made by members. Is it a good or bad for the forums? Does this type of agro, loose forum members? or is it just health competition?

If Admin think this is too controversial please erase :flowers:

Edited by yena

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Everyone has the right to THEIR opinion even if someone else doesn't like it, most definately, you should ever agree and repress yours feelings just to keep other people happy....BUT I do feel there are ways of saying things that dont necessarily have to cause offence. I also think, on here or ANY forum..over the internet, as in messages on moblie phones.. things come across totally different as to how we maybe mean them..,maybe a little more abrupt? or less meaningful..if you know what I mean, so someone can read a post or message completely wrong as to how it was intented...but my reply is, discussion and controversy is perfectly natural but no need for 'fighting' :biggrin: :wacko:

Edited by greytgirl

It is one thing to give your opinion and another to be rude and abusive to someone or another board, nobody had the right to be rude or abusing to anyone else. Sometimes when we are writing the words we are putting come over as different to what is meant and others take them as rude and abusive which wasn't the intention. Just a commar in the wrong place can change a sentence to a completely different meaning.

Fighting between boards should not happen nor should problems be taken from one board to another. I have left boards because there was so much fighting on them as well as personal attacks to some members which shouldn't be allowed.

Yes we should all be adult enough to work through this but sometimes there is other things going on in our lives that show up when we post, pms is one :laugh:, in theory this shouldn't happen, but we are human and not robots so what won't upset us yesterday or tomorrow, will upset us today.

Personally I think we should all try to be more tollerant of others and if you don't like a post, ask the poster what they meant instead of reacting, but then, we are human and not robots. Sometimes I think it would be easier at times if we were robots but just think of all the other good things that happen because we are human. :flowers:

It can be very unpleasant and tedious, but I suspect that it's not always a bad thing. It means stuff get examined and discussed and sometimes even fixed that might otherwise be left to fester. On the other hand, there's no denying it can also be extremely destructive.

I think it probably does lose some members, but on the other hand, most people (me included) love a bit of gossip and drama. Car crash syndrome: you know you shouldn't look but...

Edited by cycas

I'm a member of 2 boards. 1 that I post on (here) and one that I mostly just read. Out of the 2, I prefere this one as we seem to be a small 'close knit group' However, I seem to be a ' head in the sand' member as any bickering between forums seems to by-pass me and I only realise there must have been 'words said' when members go missing.