UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fighting Between Forum

yena

Ostriches of the world unite, Tisaan! :laugh: Most of the political stuff goes straight over my head too.

In the past I would get quite upset about it. I deliberately ignore it these days. If there is fighting going on I tend not to log in for a while because I can't be bothered with it and don't want to read about it.

It happens on all types of forums I think. I use forums about dogs, bands, allotments and loads of other stuff. I do think it is worse on the rescue ones though.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of forum wars that have meant the loss of good members and that has been bad because those people have then dropped out of rescue all together as they were involved through forums. It also means less people to join in with auctions and funraising. I think therefore that forum wars are bad.

Thank you for your replies, it made very interesting reading. It appears most members like me dislike inter-forum fighting and think it doesn't achieve anything apart from bad feeling between forum, when they should be working together to help animals in need. :( :(

I hate inter forum fighting and tend to stay out of it. I like a healthy debate and exchange of opinions but hate open conflict. There is no need to descend to insults and playground mentality, I left one board because of it!, we are all adults and should behave like it. I think there is also quite an undercurrent on "same board" fighting sometimes as well when gang A doesn't like gang B and once someone on gang B posts all gang A members will all come on and have a go. That seems to happen on a lot of boards and I find that disturbing too. x