UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sweet Susie

doggy.lover

I'm sorry I haven't been around much since the devastating loss of my Mary Anne

Mary Anne

I would belatedly but sincerely like to thank all of you who shared my loss and sent me such wonderful messages. At the time I was in shock and grief and needed to withdraw to try and come to terms with such a sudden and unexpected loss of a beautiful old girl but now I feel stronger and so grateful to all of you for helping in my time of need. Your words were a real comfort.

I would especially like to thank the Oldies Club and especially Cindy for trusting another dog to my care and giving me the confidence to get back into fostering.

Sweet Susie arrived on Dec 22 very underweight and extremely bald in places, very shy and unsure of her place in the pack at our home.

Sonyk800iphotos007.jpg

I'm pleased to say that Susie is making excellent progress on her new diet, she's gone from 28.2kgs to a much healthier looking 29.4kgs on monday and the best thing, her hair is growing back.

Yesterday I was told that someone had expressed an interest in homing Susie and things moved very quickly from there. Susie is now installed in her permanent home with her new human and furry family.

YES ....................you've guessed it

WE'VE FAILED as fosterers at the first hurdle...Hubby nearly had a seizure when he found out someone was interested in her. He loves her to bits, the first foster dog he's EVER asked me if we could keep :biggrin:

So sweet Susie is now officially part of the Gowan clan and we are so totally thrilled beyond words :biggrin:

Do you think she'll like it here?

The week after she arrived

ABCD0002.jpg

Christmas Day

secretsanta2007027.jpg

ABCD0015.jpg

ABCD0018.jpg

ABCD0007.jpg

Edited by doggy.lover

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say, I am obviously loosing my touch as I remember times when 'I might keep my foster dog' where whispered with fear that I could hear it :rolleyes: :laugh:

Welcome Home Susie and thank you to Michaela, hubby and her mum for giving her the loving forever home she deserves. :flowers: :flowers:

Cindy :biggrin: