UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sadie's Back From Vets

hushpuppy

I just picked Sadie up from the vet and she's feeling very groggy and sorry for herself. I couldn't get her out of the car on my own as she's so floppy and she's got a drain in her armpit. She's crashed out now on her bed and just wants to sleep at the moment.

OK, the good news is - they have done xrays and the cancer hasn't gone into her lungs.

The bad news is that when the lump was removed they weren't able to give it a very wide margin so if they missed even one tiny little cell then it will spread again.

Other bad news - the nurse said she had never seen a lump like it, very weird looking tissue. It's gone off to the lab to be analysed and the results won't come back for at least a week, possibly longer, so I've just got to wait and see what it is. But they said that the chances of it being benign are slim.

So I'm not going to wind myself up and worry too much until the results come back but at the same time I'm not going to fool myself that she's going to be perfectly healthy again. This could well be the beginning of the end and I have to accept it. In the meantime me and my girl are going to enjoy what time we have together. When she's over the operation we're going to have some fabulous walks and go all over the place, to the beach and to the lakes and mountains.

I just want to say thank you for the good wishes and support that have come our way from you all.

Don't despair just yet...years ago now, my husband had a lump in his upper arm, on the outside. It was about an inch and a half long, half an inch wide. He saw a chap at the Hallamshire who is one of the country's leading cancer men, and he said if it was cancer it would mean him losing his arm. Gulp. After a biopsy, they said it wasn't cancerous but they didn't know what the heck it was....apparently the closest they could come to was it looked as if he'd been injected with a grease gun, it was very odd indeed. They couldn't get it all out as it was entwined with the muscle, and he still has a few funny little lumps and bumps. Hopefully Sadie has another one of these "odd things"! :GroupHug: