UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Real Bad Cruelty Case *beware Of Pic*

EGAR

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I already wrote yesterday I was worried about her chin and today it looked as if some of the stitching had come loose :wacko: on her chin. So I was REALLY worried on the way in, thinking it might be real bad or she might have to be stitched again. As it is very cold and windy Berni wore a black padded coat :D and so I called her Sister Bernadette in her black habit which the vet thought was real funny but the vet nurse shot me daggers :unsure:.

Anyway, Aidan cleaned out the bit which had come lose and to my relief said there was no infection and that it would be the best we can hope for (she has only one front tooth in her lower jaw and there is virtually no tissue to hold the stitches). He can't stitch it again so she will have a produding lower lip once it is healed and the space has filled in. It's not really visible in the pics as she is resting her chin! He gave me another course of antibiotics only to be used at my own discretion. Her ear isn't healed as well as she has had old haematomas (sp?) in them, so I now got drops for them.

She was as good as gold!! Never flinched, growled or tried to draw away!!! Vet was mighty impressed with her and said, dangerous breed indeed! No other dog he knows would suffer than and stay friendly. So she got BIG praise and some vet nurses came in just to see her as she had left a lasting impression the last time she was there!!

She has also gained 3 lbs!!

And she has had her first vacc. I will have her MC'd when the second vacc is due.

She will have to wear the buster collar until next Monday after that I can take it off as long as there is no infection in the hole in her chin.

I shared my sandwich with her on the way home and she took the pieces really nice and easy out of my hand.

The bill this time came to 110. I'll scan in the bills tomorrow and post them here.

bernieear.jpg

Her ear

berniemouth.jpg

her mouth

bernieafter2aidan1.jpg

herself wedged in

I have had a real shitty day otherwise, doesn't get much worse but at least Berni is fine so far :)

• 2 weeks later...