UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Real Bad Cruelty Case *beware Of Pic*

EGAR

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, guys, you have to give me a chance! I have been run off my feet making myself pretty for the TV crew *liar*.

Am flat out as usual and I am getting kicked every 5 minutes or so off the web and then have to reboot the PC.

Berni is not doing as well as I had hoped. I had to take her back to the vet again today as the hole in the chin has openend further. Good news is it wont open ANY further and it isn't infected - BAD news is there is little the vet can do due to the next to nothing tissue on her jaw. However, Berni has been out of her crate for quite some time now since the buster collar came off and she is now CLEAN in the house, eats like a horse, has gained great weight, is now able to navigate OPEN timber stairs UP and DOWN and mostly sleeps the day away as it is her right as an OAP.

It will heal eventually but it wont look *pretty* (not that I care anyway). Here is me hoping the *hole/gap* will fill with tissue but she will have an eternal pouting look.

Pics will follow once I find my digicam :(.

As you can see from the pics, the front has not attached properly and as I posted before there is little I or the vet can do. It is not infected and I am hoping for he gap to close with tissue. I clean it out every day. She eats real well and is now at her ideal weight without being too fat or too thin :).

Lovely lovely girl!

fourweeksafterOP.jpg

fourweeksafterOP2.jpg

Sarah

What a babe!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: SO glad you were able to save her Sarah!!! :flowers: :flowers:

Can I just ask what you clean her 'gap' with? It's just that Mal has, since his lip op, got a 'fold' that seems to be prone to get infected because of food/saliva built up. I've been cleaning it with boiled water with salt in it, but I've not ben able to bring down the infection, so it's off to the vet's again on Thursday for AB's (have you ever had such a romantic Valentine's date? To the (female) vet with your "man", so that he can eye up and flirt with said vet and the nurses! :glare: :rolleyes: ). I'd rather keep any infections at bay though ....