UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The woman who runs my SW group highly recommends having your syns then you have something you can cut back on later when you find weightloss is slowing. Use it for a glass of wine or something :)

that makes sense thanks :flowers:

:mecry: I weighed myself this morning. I am definately back on the wagon.

everyone gains at christmas :flowers: are you going to use meal replacements again ?

For the last week, I haven't been but as of today, I am back on the Cambridge milkshakes :flowers:

I know you said you will have gained at christmas but at least that will give you a good loss first week :biggrin: ( thinking postive :jumpy: )

Have been weighed - put on 3lbs so back up to 12stone :(

Never mind, if I behave and stick to the shakes, there's not reason why I won't get rid of it by next week :rolleyes:

3 lbs is not a huge gain really and I am sure you will lose next week

when you get to your target weight do you just go back to eating normal food or is there a period of time when you have shakes and food

Its a combination. When you get close to goal, you then start adding in a meal a day from a list, so maybe some sliced chicken and veg. Then you add in other food types over the following weeks, carbs, fats etc and reduce the meal replacement packs. My mum has got back to normal eating again and she's done really well. Instead of having the Cambridge bar's for her supper, she's got the Slimfast one's as they were a lot cheaper :laugh:

Have read my BHF book in the bath. (At least I didn't have to look at the rest of me as a result!)

Have found a notebook, and a tape measure, put a new battery in the scales, and hopefully will be ready for Friday.

Thanks for motivating me guys.

I have Xenical tablets

What are they? :unsure: What do they do?

:GroupHug: San

Don't worry Wendy :flowers: , it was Christmas after all :santa:

I have put a pound on. Was expecting it to be more after all the junk I ate but we did do loads of extra walking so might have worked it off :unsure: I want to lose about half a stone more I think.

when you get to your target weight do you just go back to eating normal food or is there a period of time when you have shakes and food

I am really worried about what I will eat when I get to my target, I feel that I have lost perspective of what a normal person eats :rolleyes: I will probably have to count calories or something so that I don't overdo it :rolleyes:

Edited by Gemstone

do slimming world have a maintenance plan ?

Although I have never been at target weight, I believe it is just recommended that you continue with the eating plan, just have extra healthy extras. I am sure they say healthy extras rather than more syns so as not to get you back into bad eating habits.

do slimming world have a maintenance plan ?

According to my book they recommend that once at target you increase your healthy extras by two a day from certain sections. If your weight goes back up then you cut back to 1 extra, if you carry on losing you increase to 3 or 4 extra till you find a balance.

so really we don't have to make any huge changes again once we reach target and learn another way of eating which is good, I like the idea that what I am doing is a long term eating plan :biggrin:

I am eating loads at the moment I cannot believe that I will have lost any weight by Saturday , but at the same time I know when I did Slimming World before I did lose weight ( and I kept most of it off for over a year )