UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

Ok, so it's still 2007, but as I've been a right pig and ate loads today, I thought it was as good a time as any to think about getting back to the diet in the New Year :rolleyes:

I know loads of us were on diets this year, and hopefully everyone has done really well. Unfortunately, I've not kept up with everyone's progress, but I know Julia and Steph have both lost loads, so well done ladies :flowers:

I don't think I have ever posted before and after pics, mainly because the before was just too hideous, but today I'm feeling brave and positive that I'll lose the last stone, so I'm going to come clean with how much I have actually lost. I have the least will power of anyone I know, but since April I have (mostly) stuck to my diet.

Much to my shame, this was me before:

me2006.jpg

Weight - 18 stone :mecry:

Chest - 47 inches

Waist - 45 inches

Hips - 56 inches

BMI - 43

And this is me now, taken with my mum at lunchtime today :biggrin:

meandmum1.jpg

Weight - 11 stone 11 pounds

Chest - 38 inches

Waist - 30 inches

Hips - 41 inches

BMI - 26

I still want to lose another stone, or get down to around 11stone or a size 12-14. I'm a 14 at the moment.

So how has everyone else done?

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys :flowers:

I honestly don't think I could ever have stated how much I weighed before, I just hated myself too much, but every so often I look at that awful pic to remind myself of how far I've come and how much I don't want to get back to that.

I'm so much happier in myself, which proves to me thats not who I was meant to be, if that makes sense.

Mind you, I've ate loads today :rolleyes: :laugh:

And Hayley, not gaining is as good as losing, so well done you :flowers:

ive neither lost nor gained too all year though ive had really crap will power for most of it. Im enjoying pigging out and drinking lots for this next week then i shall have to do something sensible. Being asked to be my cousins kiddies godmother means i have to go to spain in june and wear a dress and be on lots of photos so i have to get out of fat bastard mode in 6 months and look half human (literally half of what i am now would be good) :laugh:

ive neither lost nor gained too all year though ive had really crap will power for most of it. Im enjoying pigging out and drinking lots for this next week then i shall have to do something sensible. Being asked to be my cousins kiddies godmother means i have to go to spain in june and wear a dress and be on lots of photos so i have to get out of fat bastard mode in 6 months and look half human (literally half of what i am now would be good) :laugh:

Di seeing as I want to look half reasonable for Florida at the end of May and you for Spain in June maybe we should sponsor each other :unsure:

:flowers: Wendy, you look damn good girl, and you have had AMAZING willpower to keep going.

I need to get back on the wagon as I have put some of my weight back on since September really :( however I am using my break in Glasgow to get myself back in gear. I am so NOT buying any clothes in a larger size, at the moment I can still get into most of the smaller size clothes I bought when I lost the weight and am determined I will be back in the others soon :mad: :)

Best of luck on the no smoking :flowers: :biggrin:

And this is me now, taken with my mum at lunchtime today :biggrin:

meandmum1.jpg

Weight - 11 stone 11 pounds

Chest - 38 inches

Waist - 30 inches

Hips - 41 inches

BMI - 26

You look great!!

I'm very envious as I have little or no will power re food. I'm good at exercising though - just need some incentive to stop eating crud.

Well done Wendbert!!

well done Wenders and what an inspration your before and after photos are :flowers:

I have stayed pretty much the same the last year but do need to shift a stone ( well maybe a stone and half ) and will be doing sponsored slim in the new year to help keep me on track

I am joining Slimming world on January 2nd and will be starting swimming regulary as well

I will come and look at your before and after any time I feel like straying from the path

Wendy you look FABULOUS :wink:

Lasy Xmas I weighed in at 7st 12lbs. Stopped smoking 19th April 2007. By August I weighted 9st 1/2lb. Joined Weightwatchers and last week at weigh in I was 8st 4lb.

I have stayed off the cigs but battled with my weight.

In 2008 my aim is to get down to my original weight and stay OFF the dreaded weed.