UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Serious Faces

chickentikka

MinkeTheOneanOnly_001.jpg

That's a very serious face, the expression of a dog with many pressing concerns. What was he contemplating when you took the photo? :unsure: The situation in Afghanistan, corruption within the Labour Party or maybe the empty biscuit tin crisis! :laugh: How can a dog who so obviously has all the cares of the world on his shoulders look so :wub: with it at the same time? He's beautiful Marian - what breed is he?

Sol seldom does "serious" but when he does, there's always a good reason. This one is depicts him practising his inscrutable aloof camel gaze for his forthcoming debut in a school nativity play. His dedication to the method acting approach is beginning to driving me nuts if I'm honest :rolleyes: I'll be glad when Christmas is over and I can have my dog back and the camel disappears.

30 seconds after this pic was taken, a fox ran straight in front of of him and naturally he gave chase. I thought we were all alone until I heard the sound of chuckling from behind the hedge - a local farmer. "Not every day you see that is it missus, a dog in tiara chasing after a fox". My credibility (for what it was ever worth) ruined forever. :glare:

P1000766.jpg

Alison, you've fallen into 'the trap', Minke is actually a girl, she now has a bright pink collar but people still call her he. I think that's where her deep, inner seriousness comes from.

Of the dogs, Minke is the worrier, everything has to be OK and on an even keel otherwise Minke frets. Currently her major concerns are the Northern Rock crisis, the Middle East and global warming. OK her footprints are huge but her carbon footprint is smaller than Cinderella, she makes sure that her empty food cartons are in the appropriate recycling box. Minke is a cut n shut Great Dane Mastiff cross. Her front is Mastiff and her back Great Dane so she is higher at the back than at the front..............she needs to be kept as light as possible to put off the inevitable problems.

Minke coming up with the meaning of life :wub:

june07015.jpg