UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who Has Dogs Via The Oldies Club Website?

Fee

I just thought it would be lovely to see a round up of the dogs owned by Refuge members who were found via the Oldies Club website (any excuse for some pictures, really :biggrin: )

I, of course, have the wonderful 14 yr old Dusky Musky (aka 'The Big Lad' who came here nearly a year ago as a temporary foster for the Christmas period and somehow never left :blush02: He's a true gentle giant who loves everyone and everything :wub:

He's completely deaf and getting quite wobbly in the legs now, but still generally in good health and he just LOVES to go out, he boings around like a two year old when he knows it's walk time. He and Molly, my 14 year old greyhound, make lovely walking companions, they bonded straight away and I'm sure enjoy one another's company. He is such a big hairy cuddly soft lump, I just love him to pieces :wub:

Musky being a hearthrug

Musky090607.jpg

Musky out in the fields

Musky2.jpg

Musky and Molly

muskymollya171206.jpg

Edited by Fee

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old fella, Sam, came to us via The Oldies Club. We've been lucky enough to have his company for a year now and hope we will be priviledged to share his company for many more years to come. We heard about The Oldies Club from some people on our local freecycle - bestest freecycle post I ever read. Hopefully, if I've followed the instructions properly you should see a picture of my old boy.......well, both my old boys actually. Sam is the shorter of the two - and he has more hairmed_gallery_2626_125_691824.jpg. The taller balding one is his loving Dad (and also my long-suffering husband), wherever one is the other is not far behind. On saturday I was moaning about the lack of housework that had been done. "What have you done today?" I asked my husband in an exasperated tone. He scratched his head, thought for a minute and then smiled, 'I fought the dog for at least an hour!' he said.......Well, it's probably much more enjoyable than doing housework - and Sam enjoyed it as always....Thank You Oldies Club :biggrin:

Yeah, I ended up with this mad lump of chocolate Bully X :rolleyes:

DSC02537Small.jpg

Tricks was at Poplar Farm and featured on the OC website for about 18 months, firstly with his friend Max, and then on his own when Max died. This was his OC website photo - the one that I kept looking at and wondering whether I should ask about him:

TricksPoplarNew.jpg

I finally crumbled. :biggrin:

He loves his home comforts so it's hard to think of him spending so long in kennels.

DSC02591.jpg

:wub:

GORGEOUS Sam and Musky :wub: and I admit it, I have a little thing for Tricks :wub:

I have / have had two oldie club dogs, or rather one that was featured on the Oldies Club site but spotted him elsewhere first :wink: and one which was under Oldies Club care but never got featured, cos I was too fast lol :wub:

So, in summary I'm not sure I should be in this thread :laugh: BUT I look forward to seeing more lovely dogs as above :cool:

Aww Tricks, Musky and the lovely Molly :wub: :wub:

We were adopted by Oscar from the OC two wonderful years ago. He's basically the best thing that's happened to us :wub: :wub: We both dote on Oscar completely :wub: He's a creaky old character, who is not adverse to the odd mad puppy moment.

Here is a link to his rehoming story on the OC website (through this you can also see his original listing on the site :( )

Oscar

(apologies for not posting direct pics, but I'm at work at the moment :ph34r_anim: so don't have access to the ones on my puter at home).

:wub: :wub: I love them all.

I sort of have two OC dogs. Tango was pulled by the OC out of Rhonda pound as a 15 yr old staffy lady and although she went into a foster home, it only took all of 3 days to become a failed oc committee member and Tango never went up for rehoming. :wub:

When we lost Tango, the EASBTC emailed me about adding a 11+ yr old dog friendly staffy girl to be added to the site. Instead I said I would take her and she never made it up for rehoming.

Cindy :biggrin:

My boy Welshie Ollie of course.

I persuaded myself not to ask more about him when we thought he was around 8 years old but when The OC got his paperwork through and it turned out he was 11 and had severe seperation anxiety I pictured him sitting on the shelf for ages and I just couldn't bear it so I made the call and he arrived at home just a week or two later.

Yes I adopted someone else's foster dog. :wacko:

I think he was just meant to be here.

Don't let this kid you

Cornwall1stJuly001.jpg

He does far to much of this

2007.07005.jpg

and even more of this

2007.07013.jpg

and then pretends to feel old again

DSCF0328_edited.jpg

but we just don't fall for it anymore.

Lovely pics of very special oldies. This is a really nice topic Fee.

Of course this is Todd who made me an Oldies Club failed fosterer almost 2 years ago now. Time has gone so fast and I can still see him entering my house like a mini tornado back then :ohmy: .I was so determined not to fail but when it came to the crunch I just couldn't let him go. Cannot imagine life without him now :wub: , even though he can be so naughty on times. Many thanks Oldies Club for bringing us together.

ogmoretoday080.jpg

This is Peggy who was put on the urgent section of the Oldies site only 3 weeks ago.I just knew she was meant to be here. Thanks to the help of some fantastic peeps she is here now and definately here to stay. Thankyou again Oldies club for bringing us together.

ogmore021.jpg

Guest cindyrose
My boy Welshie Ollie of course.

I persuaded myself not to ask more about him when we thought he was around 8 years old but when The OC got his paperwork through and it turned out he was 11 and had severe seperation anxiety I pictured him sitting on the shelf for ages and I just couldn't bear it so I made the call and he arrived at home just a week or two later.

Yes I adopted someone else's foster dog. :wacko:

I think he was just meant to be here.

Don't let this kid you

Cornwall1stJuly001.jpg

He does far to much of this

2007.07005.jpg

and even more of this

2007.07013.jpg

and then pretends to feel old again

DSCF0328_edited.jpg

but we just don't fall for it anymore.

I'm sorry Selina, I think it was me who originally posted him on another forum we both visit

J xx

I think those who have dogs who were 'nearly' OC dogs but snapped up first should add their pictures anyway :biggrin:

On that note I'll add Callie, my little Bridge girl from Lizzies Barn, who would have been one of our first Oldies Club listings if I hadn't seen her first and fallen in love :wub:

Callie's original picture at Lizzies Barn

Callie.jpg

Callie enjoying her first summer with us

Callie14.jpg

nipper.jpg

Nipper, who became Archie

LuckyArchie.jpg

Archie was 10.5 when we took him on in the September, we lost him to Cancer the following July. He is pictured above with Lucky who came to us via Four Paws. At 14yrs her owner didn't want her anymore as she was preventing him moving to Spain (or so he says). She came to us in the April and had pretty much lost the will to live having been dumped in rescue by her owner. We used to have to push her out of bed to go for a walk, the photo is of the two of them on holiday! We lost Lucky two weeks before we lost Archie, her legs had given up and she was doubly incontinent she had no quality of life left bless her :mecry:

5.jpg and another of them at HWAR dog show.... just because!

The dogs below are not Oldies dogs but deserve a mention anyway....

HenryAlex.jpg

Henry, my soul dog. Came to us at 10.5 yrs and we lost him almost 2 years to the day that we got him. He had lung cancer and cancer in his blood vessels. Miss you every day my boy. :wub:

Jasmine001.jpg

Jasmine, our foster, who is still here after 9 months as nobody can find out what causes her skin condition. She's about 11 yrs old (heading towards 12 now I guess) and was a timid wreck when she arrived and is now Mrs Confident and sings to us when we come home.

Ollie3.jpg

And finally Ollie, whom we walk for NAWT at the weekends. He's 12 yrs old, 98% blind and 95% deaf and has the biggest personality you could wish for.

Di x