UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who Has Dogs Via The Oldies Club Website?

Fee

We were fostering Scruffy for Babbington rescue and his details were supposed to be put on the OC website when OC first started. Kelly asked me several times for a write up and I kept on saying I'll do it but sort of never got around to it :mellow:

One day Kelly called to say that there was a family interested in Scruffy and somehow I find myself saying why I thought Scruffy wouldn't be the right dog for them and that really he was settled with us and he was so attached to OH it would have been unfair to move him again and that we wanted to keep him. Kelly said she wasn't surprised at our failure.

The really funny thing is that Scruffy is not my type of dog at all, my type is usually black, blk/tan gsd/x. I guess the fact that nobody wanted him because of his looks and age made him my type of dog.

Scruffy giving me that feed me look when he had just polished off the cat food. He likes to play the "I am old" trick but he is an excellent escapologist (opening windows is his gratest talent) and he can run when he wants to

Scruff.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread :flowers:

We adopted Sham in Feb 06 aged 10. After a stressful first several months with her having a op then minor liver problems she's full of beans. She can run rings round Rosie who is 4 years younger. She still counter surfs occasionally and pinches all our undies and socks but we wouldn't be without her, she's adorable and makes us laugh lots. :biggrin: She loves her hols in Scotland and god knows what she'd do if we ran out of food cause she's a greedy madam. :biggrin: Everyone adores her and she's well settled in with us and Ruby and Rosie. Everyone calls Sham and Ruby "The Twins" after the tv ad with the Irish Setters. :biggrin:

The day she arrived looking sad

DSCF1551.jpg

Few of her looking happier :wub:

ShamDec06.jpg

[DSCF1038.jpg

ShamOct82006.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1214.jpg

DSCF1201.jpg

That's another pair of my socks gone. :laugh:

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF0972.jpg

Never ask for pics, I have so many I go overboard. :D :rolleyes:

What a sweetie Callie is Fee :wub: and dear old Archie, bless him :love: , I bet he's smiling down on you alright doggielover

I think we need more pictures of Scruffy to test his 'ooooo arhhhhh' factor, which I suspect is huge :cool: .

Wow Sham is stunning! :wub: and a very happy girl, that's plain to see.

I think those who have dogs who were 'nearly' OC dogs but snapped up first should add their pictures anyway :biggrin:

Well since you insist :biggrin:

Here is Taff and the photo that won me over:

Taff.JPG

His story is here:

http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=330

It's a long time since I've looked at that I can tell you and my goodness it makes me sniffle. Dear old Taff, what a gorgeous old boy he was in every way. Our time togther was way too short.

This is him, at home :wub: :

2sofa.jpg

Now we are lucky to have Cassie piglet, another Oldies Dog:

piglet-1.jpg

She never made it onto the Oldies Club website :wink: :wub:

I think we need more pictures of Scruffy to test his 'ooooo arhhhhh' factor, which I suspect is huge :cool: .

Gorgeous dogs you have I can see why you fell for Taff :wub:

Here is another pic of my old boy it will be his 3rd gotcha day on 17/12, he is now 12 years old and gets away with everything :rolleyes: For some reason he always goes to sleep in the smallest bed/basket he can find, usually one of the cats' baskets no idea how he manages to fit in them but he does :wacko:

c2c8cbdbae87fe0ec4587460f74c8ab5.JPG

Sham! Can't have too many pics of her, she is sooo gorgeous!

Here is a dog that doesn't really belong because he never made it to the website and anyway he's not a proper oldie:

azrun.jpg

Az was being advertised by EGLR - at that time, the OC was still fairly new so I used to trawl rescue websites looking for oldies to list (with permission), on the principle that the more dogs we had listed, the more likely it was that anyone who came to the site to look for a dog would find the sort of dog they had in mind. I was about to email to ask if we could list him, but I looked at his little face and instead I emailled to ask if I could adopt him... He was down as 7-9: we've had him a year and a half now, and I'd guess he was closer to 7, so really not an oldie at all, though technically within the age limit. He was being rehomed due to separation anxiety problems, so as I work from home, that fitted nicely.

So his only right to be here is that if it wasn't for the OC website, I'd never have seen him, even though he was never listed there! Still, he is cute:

azlick.jpg

Edited by cycas

If we're adding the dogs that never made it.......

"Toby's" foster home fell through after his transport run had already started. A new foster home was organised and I offered to hold for an hour and transport him further once my other transport had caught up :wacko:

He stepped out of Sian's car and I fell head over heels with this fella.........

Toby2.jpg

He was already Bear in my head and so I started making calls to Cindy and kept making them until she delivered him back to me on the Monday evening :biggrin: I think I was incredibly lucky because almost everybody who has ever met Bear has wanted to keep him - the guy who transported him from Ireland had watched where he was going; his foster mum had admitted that if he'd been there for another week she'd have failed and even Cindy wibbled when she delivered him :D He still has that effect on people now :wub:

Bottle.jpg

Burby.jpg

BeachBear2.jpg

Poor old fella is getting a bit creaky now that he's 12 but he can still chase the seagulls :devil:

Gulls5.jpg

I'm sorry Selina, I think it was me who originally posted him on another forum we both visit

J xx

ermmm except I already knew about him before he made it onto the website but because I thought he was younger I thought he'd get a home quickly so didn't grab him before he got onto the website.

Actually with all the above posts that makes me feel pretty good, at least I let him get onto the website before caving in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: