UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Humphrey The Puli A Safe Journey

owl

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patchwork Cat and I would like to thank everyone for all your postings. We are very moved by all your good wishes for our Humph.

It has all been rather overwhelming. I was awake quite a bit last night keeping an eye on the lad. He slept on my bed most of the time but kept sneaking off and lying in odd and uncomfortable places so I kept carrying him back. I don't think he was very with it. In the morning I called the vet, and we had vet plus nurse arrive half an hour later and they were so kind and nice. They went outside for a few minutes to let us have a while with him before they took him away.

Polly has understood and is coping reasonably well. I'm pleased to say she is eating OK, though she is finding it all very strange being an only dog. I took her for a long walk in the park this afternoon and she was running like mad. I have now realised just how much she had slowed down to keep pace with Humph.

I feel very strange without his physical presence, though he is definitely with me in spirit.