UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Humphrey The Puli A Safe Journey

owl

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True words indeed, Houndwoman, as the little warrior decided he wasn't ready to go yet. Not today - maybe tomorrow, maybe in a few days, maybe not for a while yet.

I had called the vet and told the receptionist it was the end of the line, and could she tell Anwen who has been treating him that I would like a vet to come out to him today. Then at about half past 3 I got a call from Anwen who couldn't come out, and said another vet could come but she would really rather see him herself to be sure I was making the right decision. When I told her he had been semi comatose this morning btu had now had a drink and was able to walk a bit, she said she would definitely like to see him and run a few tests which could be done at the surgery.

With many misgivings I wrapped him in his blanket to carry him to the car - and he wriggled free and scuttled to the car barking! By the time we got to surgery he was telling me that he didn't want to leave us yet, thanks very much, so when Anwen suggested he stay in overnight for IV fluids and monitoring and have examination by the senior vet Damien in the morning and possible Xray, I agreed. I felt like a traitor as he wanted to come home with me, but I left him his blanket which smells of the owlery.

His weight has dropped to 8.86 kilos which is just over a kilo in the past week, even though he has been eating. Frankly I think this is all just prolonging the inevitable, but he isn't in pain anywhere as far as we can tell so probably I have taken the right course of action. I trust Damien, he is very experienced and has saved some very poorly animals including Polly when she first came to us. Patchwork Cat thinks I have made the right decision. If there is half a chance for Humph he has the right to that.

I would like to thank you all for your kind and caring messages.

Polly has been very good and eaten her supper, but she is used to animals going to the vet and coming back later. The problem will be if he doesn't come back.

If he doesnt come back then he will have gone a happy dog who went off on yet another adventure.

If he goes then he will be home in spirit before you and Polly will see him always.

If you need me ring.

Polly has been very good and eaten her supper, but she is used to animals going to the vet and coming back later. The problem will be if he doesn't come back.

She will be fine, it make take her a short time but she will get there.

Joe didn't cope well when Tommy went but they had a cuddly toy that none of them had bothered playing with, Joe adopted it and was never without it. When he had recovered, he destroyed the toy. A week later Dixie joined Tommy but Joe accepted it.

This is Joe snuggling into his cuddly toy.

Joewithhisboot2-1.jpg

chi (the patchwork cat )here, what a terrible day,

i'm feeling wrung out but bouyed a little by your many kind thoughts for which kind thanks and big hugs.

i always say Polly is my dog as close to my heart as she can be, but Humphrey is my mate!

He has been a lucky pup in many ways and i am glad he has had a great life, in no small thanks to Wol.

It's amazing to think he was running on the beach yesterday with his doggy pals.

i hope he will come back to Owl, Polly and me, if only for a bit. i think he has a chance for a while because he is a real fighter.

Again. thanks to you all, Owl has been great and keeping going doing all her usual stuff, she is wonderful. :heart:

i must give polly a hug now but thanks again. Love to you all :GroupHug:

chi -.-