UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lymphoma

Wendbert

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you got this sad news We've been through this with Benji We did try the chemo but it didn't give him much extra time. He was diagnosed in the Jan and we lost him in the May of the same year. Having said that there are different drugs and options available. Also this was 5 years ago so there must be more up to date treatment now.

A friends dog was diagnosed with this around 3 months ago and she didn't go for the chemo option but a combination of steroids and some tablet I don't know the name of and this dog is still enjoying life

AnnS

I am so sorry to hear this :(

I have had a dog with lymphoma and after diagnosis she only lived 10 weeks. I decided to take the 'alternative' route of treatment and obviously it didn't work. Chemo was going to be a problem for her anyway as she was a very bad epileptic.

I have known many dogs with lymphoma and those that had chemo responded very well, some better than others. They lived anything from 3 months extra to 2 years but in that time they seemed to enjoy good quality of life.

I think it depends on the individual but if you have faith in your vet then trust his advice and act on it.

Good luck Wendy in whatever decision you make. I am sure you will do the right thing for Bumpy whatever :wub: :GroupHug:

Edited by Houndwoman

So sorry to hear about Bumpy :GroupHug:

I lost my beardie Sam to lymphoma 4 years ago, he was 9 years old. He had a biopsy op then a big op to remove the lymph node. In hindsight I wished I had just gone for the steriod treatment which usually gives them a good quality of life, albeit often 3 to 6 months, instead I took my vets advice.

If it's in the early stages then I think chemo can give 6 to 9 months remission. But you really need to have scans done as it could have already spread to the chest.

I wish I had known what I know now about lymphoma when Sam was diagnosed.

Sorry I can't be more positive but I think you are looking for honesty!

:GroupHug: to you.

Juliex