UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Needed In Faringdon, Oxfordshire Area - To Help Catch Stray Dog

ReikiAnge

I have just spoken again with the guy I mentioned yesterday who is working with dog warden there ( is it Colin?). He is on his way there now again, didnt see her at all yesterday himself but others did. She didnt go to the trap for food last night but raided some local bins. The idea now is to empty these bins of a night so she has to go to the trap for food. I think the plan is as mentioned to get her used to going there for food before trying to actually trap her.

This man is called Sully, this is his mobile which /he has asked me to put up here 07957 591856 . He has now registered with the site. Can someone please get in touch with him regarding the trap. Sully is willing to go collect a trap if his vehicle is big enough, he seemed to think he could fit a 5,5,4 ft size ok. but he couldnt collect til Friday. I have a bit of family crisis going on right now ~ my poor Dad is falling to peices the last week or so after the loss of my Mum earlier this year and I need to be with him alot. this is my mob 09747364913 please ring me if you cannot get to Sully.

Yes the darting idea doesnt sound the best to me either and it is so random that this dog is seen so someone could end up hanging about a long time to get the opportunity in the first place and then yes she could go into hiding in the thickets she seems to be living in. Sully has heard her moving about in this place but theres no way he could get in there if she were to collapse in there and it is a large area.

Karen

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about darting but I do know that unless the effects were almost immediate it would be a very unwise thing to do as she is in such a densely wooded area. It's a very large site, and very overgrown in places, she moves quickly and can be out of sight again in seconds. When I saw her with Kelly she ran down a hill and we lost her. From spotting her and to her being out of sight took less than 10 seconds.

I don't know much about darting but I do know that unless the effects were almost immediate it would be a very unwise thing to do as she is in such a densely wooded area. It's a very large site, and very overgrown in places, she moves quickly and can be out of sight again in seconds. When I saw her with Kelly she ran down a hill and we lost her. From spotting her and to her being out of sight took less than 10 seconds.

apparantly there was talk of putting something in her food to knock her out but it has been decided against as it would take a couple of hours to work and by then she could be anywhere, then you would need a search dog and the right equipment to get through all the undergrowth, perhaps it may come to some such similar action to get her eventually.

Lets hope that between Sully and Owl we get the right type of trap and catch her that way.

Karen

Hi Sully :flowers:

It's been Owl that has been kind enough to source a larger trap and she also has a contact in the West Midlands who may prefer to help, as he has some custom made devices of his own.

I don't know if she's been on yet this morning but it might be worth sending her a PM to ensure she gets a message as soon as possible.

:)

Unusually, I didn't log on until now but redditchlady kindly phoned me, so I talked to Ray Deddicott and have sent his number to Sully by txt and voicemail.

Ray has a big trap heading down to Berks this week as he is after another dog not far away. Obviously it can't be in 2 places at once, but he hopes to sort something out if Sully calls him.

I hope to talk to Sully at some point today.

If that can't be worked out and we need to get the mega trap down from PACT, we need to warn them later today.

Will be out from about 1.30 to 4, have PMd Sully my mobile.

I have spoken to Ray and i am picking the trap up on Friday and going to set it up in farringdon.

Thanks very much everyone, the bigger trap might do the job.

This morning the smaller trap had a fox in it, and the dane was watching it in the cage when my friend turned up.

i will let you know how it goes.

Sully

http://www.greatdanerescue.co.uk

Edited by sullywully

HI, I picked up the bigger trap today, i met colin the dogwarden and set the bigger trap up and baited it.

this pic is of the smaller trap which we think is just too small.

smalltrap.jpg

and these pics are the bigger one i got from Ray today ( the white framed one )

its much taller and deeper

big.jpg

big2.jpg

Ray is a good bloke.

ill let you know if i hear any news

Edited by sullywully