UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Needed In Faringdon, Oxfordshire Area - To Help Catch Stray Dog

ReikiAnge

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'know' the rescue, in that my ex-OH fostered two dogs for them over Christmas, have done a bit of dog walking for them and Ronnie's hydro pool is there. They are also a boarding kennel and breed :angry: Japanese Spitz dogs. My gut feeling is they are ok(ish), don't PTS, but this dog would be better with a more dedicated rescue or someone with more time/exposure to behaviour issues.

My main concern is that they didn't know anything about me, other than my first name, when I started walking dogs for them. I was allowed free access into each dogs kennel and may not have had a clue about dogs, as far as they knew.

The kennels she is going to are appealing for fosterers on their website. I'm sure they'd be grateful of anybody offering to foster this girl. I expect she'll be very very difficult. If anybody can foster her I'll gladly pass on details of the rescue via PM.

...but beware, my ex-OH wasn't homechecked for fostering. He rang in the morning, collected in the afternoon. He filled out a form with his name and address but that was it. Luckily for them, he's normal and has a lot of experience with dogs but how did they know that?

Absolutely everything crossed that trapping her in the garden works. She's obviously very smart and very wary to have stayed on the loose all this time, so it's probably going to be a one-off chance.

With a dog this big who's been feral for so long it's surely a bit early to be talking about a foster home, unless it was with someone VERY experienced? I'd have thought the best bet would be to get her into a kennels that has the skills to start rehabilitation and do a proper assessment.

the people stayed up until 1pm, the dog didnt show up to eat the food in the garden till after that when the people had gone to bed.

The people will try again and again over the next few days, the are very determined.

When we catch her i will let you know where she goes and what happens. :fez:

Sully

From the sounds of it they are best off doing the trapping themselves, if the dog is spooked it darts off, or if it sees people about it wont come at all. Last night it didnt come till 2 - 4am cos it was busy in the early evening and she stays away until it calms down.

I spoke to the lady in faringdon, they are certain that their garden is 6ft fenced and Dane proof, concrete around the edges to stop her digging out, and the gate has a good latch and once its shut its shut. they have rope leading to an upstairs window and have tested it many times. The dog has already learnt to go into the garden each night so its just a matter of time until they get the chance.

i pm'ed Fee, if we need help fostering we will contact her, thanks

Sully