UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Brian, Dumped Greyhound

Fee

I'm going to speak to the RGT and see if they'd pay for any initial vet care he needs. He can come here as a *foster* from 6th July so if Grandma Squigg or Brenda could take him until then, that would be fantastic :flowers:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite happy to take him, but if grandma squiggs if willing and able that is fine too, I don't mnd. For practical purposes probably easier to get him from GS to Claz after July 6th. Sam did *offer* first, :wink: but my offer still stands if necessary. :)

He could come here....but there is no way we could get down there for him. Plenty of soft beds and one friendly 9 year old greyhound girlie for company. We have had several oldies over the years, have space and are actively looking for an oldie to foster or maybe just adopt permanently. Checking out one or two other possibilities but nothing definite for them yet so there is still time if needed.

He could come here....but there is no way we could get down there for him. Plenty of soft beds and one friendly 9 year old greyhound girlie for company. We have had several oldies over the years, have space and are actively looking for an oldie to foster or maybe just adopt permanently. Checking out one or two other possibilities but nothing definite for them yet so there is still time if needed.

Thanks for posting :flowers: I know that Brian has had a bit of interest in the past few days at Carol is going to look into those options for him.

Sorry for possibly stating the obvious but as far as another oldie is concerned, have you looked at the OC website? :flowers:

Thanks for posting :flowers: I know that Brian has had a bit of interest in the past few days at Carol is going to look into those options for him.

Sorry for possibly stating the obvious but as far as another oldie is concerned, have you looked at the OC website? :flowers:

Yes, I have been in touch with Fiona about the possible options. Thanks.

When I saw Brian on the Oldies urgent catagory I got straight in touch with Portsmouth to tell them I would take him in. However, they have had interest from several quarters and the dog warden is this time making sure the home she finds is the right one. I then told her to make me the last option if there was nobody else left to take the old boy in. So if nothing else works out he will come to me in Essex. I only take in aged greyhounds when I have room. The lady who did have him as been struck down by cancer again so she had no choice but to let him go. Bryan

http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=2916

Poor Brian is another of those dogs that I can't get out of my mind, he's so thin - and that expression! He really shouldn't be spending the winter in kennels.

I've spent the morning trying to convince my lot that if they all squash up a bit we could find another greyhound-shaped space here somewhere, but I know a sixth dog really isn't feasible at the moment - and we certainly aren't the calm, quiet home he needs. I just hope the right person comes along and he's on his forever sofa soon.

brianportsmouth.JPG

Brian has the same look about him as my girls did - OMG there is just something about him :mecry: :mecry:

My house is just too manic for him :(

please there must be a fugee out there with space on a sofa in a calm home for him

Hi, If you are ok with this Cindy Alan and i would be happy to foster Brian if he is ok with other dogs, swore we wouldn't foster a sighthound harder for us to let them go but so heartbreaking to see him back in kennels sure he would be fine with my lot. :wacko:

Hi, If you are ok with this Cindy Alan and i would be happy to foster Brian if he is ok with other dogs, swore we wouldn't foster a sighthound harder for us to let them go but so heartbreaking to see him back in kennels sure he would be fine with my lot. :wacko:

:wavey:

Brian isn't in the care of Oldies Club but is in the care of Portsmouth City Dog Kennels. I believe Carol has received several offers of help for him now and is currently deciding which home would be the most suitable.

:flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Just to let you all know I finally collected Brian from the pound today - Carol didn't want him to go into a foster home so he will be staying with us (he is an absolute darling and I don't think we could have possibly parted with him anyway :wub: ) I took him straight to my vets and he is now on antibiotics for a urine infection :sad02: . Hopefully this will be sorted soon and then we can think about castration and dental. He is very skinny and doddery, but loves his food, so hopefully it won't take too long to get some weight on him. He is now laid flat out next to me on his comfy bed looking very relaxed and happy :love: .

Nikki x