UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Brian, Dumped Greyhound

Fee

I've just spoken to a lovely lady at the kennels called Carol. Brian is about 12-14 years old, she thinks. He is no longer kennels and is currently being fostered in the Portsmouth area.

He is being fostered with other dogs and gets along fine. The household also have cats but he hasn't seen them yet. Apparently he's quite 'chilled' in the house so she's hoping that they can do some more work with him and test his cat tolerance. They are keen to find him his own fireside on a permanent basis. She said he's been through an awful lot and was in a terrible state.

I have told Carol about the Rufuge and suggested she pops along to say hi. She was pleased to hear there are people who care :ohmy: :mecry:

She has particular problems with getting help in her area, particularly with greyhounds and staffies :mecry: again. I've left my name and number with her (probably not much help as I'm not very close) but I hope she calls if she can't get online or needs some help. They get no funding for ongoing care for their dogs and end up paying out of their own pockets.

She sounded really nice and she clearly really cares about her dogs :wub:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just joined specifically to talk about Brian.

A lady called Emma rescued four lurchers from a very abusive home.

She kept one.

I fostered and then failed and kept another

The third has gone to a good home and the fourth to Lurcher Link.

Anyway, this lady has seen Brian and volunteered to foster him.

But she needs rescue back up. Which she is hoping to get soon.

Brian doesn't have a foster home yet. Emma spoke with Carol

in Portsmouth yesterday too. She meant that he is going

home with a kennel maid at nights which isn't a proper foster home.

We would have had him to join our other lurchers and Shiloh Shepherd as a

forever home

but can't take an un castrated male in our home. And, I believe he is

prob. in too poor a condition and too old to take the GA for castration.

So as far as I am aware, that is the current situation.

Hopefully this lovely old chap who has tugged everyones heart strings

may be sorted soon.

I will post when I know more..

Laurie

Edited by Fee

Hi Laurie, and thanks for joining to update on Brian, he has really touched a few hearts here. I was pleased to hear he was in a foster home, but it sounds as though it's not as straightforward as that.

I assume that as Porstmouth kennels are a council pound they are not able to provide rescue back up for foster homes - have any rescues been approached to see if they can provide back up for him?

Poor lad, I really hope something can be sorted for him soon :(

Hi everyone. Quick reply. They are cutting off our electricity in a mo for the day to do some work.

Yep, Emma is in the Lake District.

We have contacted a few rescues. Waiting to hear more.

Gotta dash and make breakfast before no electricity.

Will post electricity willing tonite if updates.

Laurie

Just to say I'm back on line. Emma is all set to foster now - even transport run has been arranged.

BUT she cannot get in touch with the lady, Carol at Portsmouth. Now Emma is wondering if someone

else has claimed him.

So Emma is just waiting for Carol to get back to her so Brian can be transported up North. Really

hoping there is no problem. :unsure: