UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Brian, Dumped Greyhound

Fee

If he's still around on 6th July, I'll foster him (assuming he gets on with Guinness and Sky). I'd do it sooner but we have a long weekend in Cornwall and 2 family events before then. He caught my eye the first time round, I can't bear the thought of him in kennels at his age.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you all mean. I'd have here myself except Alfie would be far too bossy for him.

I kept thinking of him during the night and wondering how he must feel about losing his lovely new home, being back in kennels and now being moved to the first kennels. I know Carol is doing her best by him but he needs a cosy bed in someone's living room. Each day is another day he misses out on :(

From what Carol said to me yesterday, he's fine with other dogs, cats and small furries. I know he's been living with other dogs in his foster home and was fine with them.

The answerphone is on at the kennels but I've left a message so will hopefully know more later :flowers:

Thank you for all your responses :biggrin: Carol has just called me back. I can give you a bit more information about Brian.

He's vaccinated but not neutered. He has lived with unneutered males and is so laid back that no problems have come up. Portsmouth City Kennels are effectively the council pound and they get funding from the Council to keep the dogs for seven days. No more. They can't offer rescue back up as such, however will take him Brian back if there are problems (like they have now). They can't pay for large vets bills at all.

Despite his lack of luck so far Brian is a happy boy and, although stiff on his legs, Carol said he can still find another gear when he's feeling cheeky. He's not as thin as he was and is much better for being in a home. When he was in kennels previously he had an open wound on his tail which has now healed and he also suffered with sores around his back legs :(

Carol is happy to take calls directly from anyone interested in helping. The phone number is 02392 870337. There is an answerphone and anyone calling may need to leave a message. Please mention you saw Brian on Oldies Club :flowers: