UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Mccanns

ClazUK

how would they search for Maddie if they brought their other children back to 'normality' back here in the UK ?

rely on the portugeuse police ??

Because being filmed by the world's media meeting the Pope is actively searching for their missing child :unsure:

Didn't they leave their other children in Portugal while they went to Italy? If it were me, I wouldn't let them out of my sight let alone in another country :unsure:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve heard that Kate and Gerry McCann might benefit from the Fund. Is this true?

Yes. One of the reasons the Fund was established was to support Madeleine’s family. The objects specifically include financial assistance. The directors approve all payments to Kate and Gerry, with family members not having a vote. When considering whether proposed payments are reasonable, the directors consider donor intentions in addition to the Fund’s objects.

Don't like that bit to be honese :wink:

I've checked companies house

MADELEINE'S FUND: LEAVING NO STONE UNTURNED LIMITED

2/6 CANNON STREET

LONDON

EC4M 6YH

Company No. 06248215

Date of Incorporation: 15/05/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: PRI/LTD BY GUAR/NSC (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital)

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 31/01/2009

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due: 12/06/2008

So it will be a while before accounts are filed

I feel sorry for anyone who has a child go missing.

I would not have left my children and gone off for a meal. They keep saying that it is like being in your back garden but I used to even take my baby monitor and face it out of the kitchen window while I put my washing out.

I could not believe that they put their other kids in a creche the next day. I would not have let them out of my sight.

I will not be giving them any money.

I can understand the need to stay in Portugal,until they find Madeleine.

I can understand the need to "court" the press,to keep it in the public eye.

I cannot understand the need to have such a fund for them.

It makes me feel uncomfortable.

It feels like making a profit out of the suspected death of their child.

If the McCanns wanted to do good,I would have thought having a campaign highlighting the need for parents to be close to their children.

Remember The Suzy Lamplugh Trust? They made a good campaign about promoting personal safety.

This is from a previous report on the 24th of August.

McCanns Won't Sue Over Media 'Smears'

"...the couple are said to be incensed over alleged claims about their daughter's disappearance in the local media.

The target of their anger is reportedly Sandra Felgueiras, a high-profile TV reporter in Portugal.

Reports said the couple had requested a tape of Ms Felgueiras's comments, and a source close to the family told reporters the pair were hard-working, law-abiding professionals and it was important to protect their reputations."

The last sentence says a lot to me.It does feel its all about them.

full report 24/08/06

Edited by Dolly

Never been happy with any of it.

To be honest I think the press have treated them very well, can you imagine if Maddies mum had been a single mum from a rough council estate? It would have been a different type of reporting.

I watch both of them, she looks awful, drawn and ill, he just looks to revel in it and thats an awful thing to say I know. Poor baby I just hope that she is safe somewhere but as time goes on, well I just dont know. I think I would rather think of her having a swift death than being ill treated and scared somewhere

Don't like the campaign one bit, it's gonna turn people against them in the end. There are soo many children going missing every day and they get all the attention, very sad.

With that much money in the fund, you would think they would start helping others NOW, not wait till they get a conclusion on their own search.

I sincerely hope Maddy might still be found alive (though sadly I doubt it) and have the utmost sympathy for that poor little girl but (as I said at the outset to anger / derision from some) I have none at all for her parents who I still say in part brought this problem about through their own behaviour.

That said, I don't have a problem with them starting a fund - it's upto others whether they wish to give -if it does what it's intended to do. I also think they are quite entitled to sue this paper unless there is evidence found that supports that claim. It is damaging to their campaign, arguably to their career (though personally I don't believe they are fit to serve in a medical capacity if they can't even show proper care for their own children) and to their lives in general, they will be ostracised if this claim is believed and it hasn't been proven.

I would hope that if they win the case any compensation will go to this fund.

Personally I agree their behaviour is odd and I don't trust them myself .... but I think innocent until proven guilty is a fair enough basis for the law to work upon.