UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Mccanns

ClazUK

I agree that they must find Madelaine - even if it's only to ensure that she receives a decent burial - but I wasn't so sure about the spokesman. I thought he was very mealy mouthed when asked about sedatives.

The absence of a straight denial suggested to me that they did sedate a 3 year old child. Even if unconnected to her disappearance I don't believe that there is a reasonable explanation for sedating a 3 year old child & going out for a meal.

Whilst I don't agree with some of the things they've done (eg going to Italy & leaving the twins) I'm not so sure that they can be accused of non action or inapropriate action in terms of their efforts to get / keep the search into the public eye. If it were my little girl I think I'd have wanted as much media coverage as I could get until she were found too. Personally I'd still be out there searching everywhere I could myself.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Sunday Express the last time Maddie was seen by anyone other than her mother was at 1.35pm. Many hours before Madddie was reported missing.

Also waiters at the restautant said that the 'party' did not leave the table as many times as they said they did.

But what galls me the most is that the mccanns have never taken any responsibility for leaving Maddie and her siblings whatsoever.

They have said numerous times they neither of them blame the other, so any 'guilt' or paying for what they did in the future will not happen as they feel no responsibility for the loss of Maddie.

Kate's diary evidently shows entries of her being overwhelmed at times by the childrens behaviour, three little ones under 4 whould be overwhelming to anyone and kate complains at gerrys lack of help with the children.

he is said to be controlling and maybe insisted on being out every night with his mates while kate maybe had misgivings but we are not talking about some cowed little woman here, she is an educated professional and if she had any doubts and she should have had many, about leaving her babies alone, she should have stayed behind.

I don't know if they had anything to do with this, like a few others on here I have felt someithing funny from the first reports but cannot get over the fact that they left their babies alone.

Each and every one of that 'party' who dined out every night and left their children alone should hang their heads in shame.

I have, as Tobie has and I would imagine quite a few on here, have made Ray stop the car to check on the dogs because I cannot see their heads and calling them didn't make them sit up and show themselves. For the few seconds it took I felt sick 'just in case'.

And although not having children myself, I have babysay countless times and wore out the carpet between the living room and childs bedroom checking on the said child/children.

Cadaver dogs can actually sniff out bodies years after buriel. I watch Forensic detectives and these dogs are used with stunning results.

• 1 month later...

I read somewhere today that they'd had two onths mortgage paid out of the fund - which it would appear could be £4,000. Whatever the amount I don't think that's what anyone thought they were giving for. He apparently earns 75k, she's a Dr, even if only working 3 days a week they surely should have some savings of their own not be using money given to help find their little girl for such purposes.

I also read that a little girl, NOT Maddie but nevertheless English, young & Blonde had been found by the detectives they hired after being kidnapped in that same sort of area. Whilst I'm not optimistic of her safe return that's something that I hope might prove me wrong

I'm torn over the mortgage payments. :dry:

On the one hand, they've lost a child, do we want them to lose their home as well?

On the other, they have family and freinds, why are none of them helping towards mortgage costs?

I'm certain that the mortgage company given the terrible circumstances, would be very understanding if payments couldn't be made for a while.

I'm torn over the mortgage payments. :dry:

On the one hand, they've lost a child, do we want them to lose their home as well?

On the other, they have family and freinds, why are none of them helping towards mortgage costs?

I'm certain that the mortgage company given the terrible circumstances, would be very understanding if payments couldn't be made for a while.

I'm torn too. I can underatand they needed to stay in Portugal for so long, and obviously need to pay the mortgage too. Such a sad situation.

I'm not torn at all -- and think its a 'no'. Other peoples lives are shattered by illness and deaths in their families that can be as equally tragic as the McCanns but we've never heard about them and they end up losing their homes and don't have a fund to dip into to bail them out.

I'm not torn at all -- and think its a 'no'. Other peoples lives are shattered by illness and deaths in their families that can be as equally tragic as the McCanns but we've never heard about them and they end up losing their homes and don't have a fund to dip into to bail them out.

It's a difficult one though - not sure how it works with missing people or the loss of children in accidents for example but when my Mum was killed in an accident my Dad received an amount of money for her loss - not representative of her life by any means but it would have paid the mortgage for a while if he'd needed to.

He quite literally lost his life as he knew it that day as he was nearly killed & never worked again because of someone else's actions (drunken driver) but he did receive a small amount of compensation for the impact on his life - more than the McCann's are supposed to have used for their mortgage.

On the other hand, we lost our house when OH was made redundant but I see that differently.